New MacBooks

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously starting to wonder what is going on with Apple and the MacBook line (and Mac Mini). As I'm considering purchasing my first Mac system, I'm wanting to ensure I get something up to date.

We've been long overdue for a refresh, and last I heard the rumors were indicating an October announcement. So far no news yet.

Kind of disappointed honestly.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't be dismayed and don't underestimate the current crop of available MacBooks. Being that I owned a MacBook and have had it since 2009 (it's running iOS 10 El Capitan), I wouldn't hesitate to get one of the currently available MacBooks if I were in the market to buy one because I know it'll provide years of computing for me. Besides, something new and better will always surface after you buy.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Looks October 27th is the date being tossed around now. Does Apple do Thursday events though?

Guess we'll know by Thursday if invites get sent out

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the 2015 Mac Pro. Just got it a week ago and I don't have any concerns that I purchased an out of date model . I was doing a lot of research and seriously thinking about it before making the decision. It got great reviews and being retina was a plus. Also having ports and being able to use my SD card. I have no qualms about it and it updated to Sierra quickly. It is my first Mac Pro and will likely be my one and only. I am happy with it. I was told I made a great purchase by a friend of mine who is all Apple. And she works for them as well.
It is your wallet. Get what will make you happy. I didn't need the touchbar.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a 12-inch MacBook yesterday even though it's been a year since they released it (April 19, 2016). Love it so far!
I already have a MBA 13" but I wanted something even smaller without going into iPad pro territory.
384b5ea4920c3944277412cc253e5403.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2