• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

New iPod Touch camera is a mystery!

BradM73

Sep 11, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so the new Apple stuff was announced yesterday, including the new iPod touch. But one thing that has really confused me is that all of the previews vie seen at various websites all state that the back camera shoots 720p video, just like he iPhone 4, but that they don't take 5MP still images. Everything I've read says that th still images are all the same 720p resolution. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed true with 100% certainty? The camera will essentially make or break my purchasing decision. There's no way I'm going to buy one if it can't do 5MP stills.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Apple's website says still photos are 960x720 with the back and VGA with the front camera. So it looks like Apple put in a camera just good enough to do HD video at 720p to cut costs. Could also be the one from the iP4 was too deep to fit into that obsessively thin body.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman