New iphone upadate yet?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have been away from this forum for awhile. My 3.0 update worked perfectly, but still am showing emails from months ago that I have already deleted in the search function. Is there a release date for a new update to fix some of the bugs that were created by 3.0 yet?

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No release date yet and someone posted a question on how to delete emails from search you have to add and re-add you email.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
No release date yet and someone posted a question on how to delete emails from search you have to add and re-add you email.

So it has been announced that there will be another update? Done it several times, it worked then i get a new email and poof there it is again. kind of rediculous you have to delete and then add the email again just to clear them....anyone know if they will come out with a fix for this in the new update?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I may have missed where they said they will be fixing the fact that we can't delete emails, without it showing up in the search function.......can someone point it out to me?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if the update adresses your particular problem. I am also unsure if this is a widespread problem. Have you tried doing a reset or restore??

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I think I misunderstood the problem. I think I get what your talking about now. You want a secure erase. So that the data is no longer recoverable. And the only way I know of to do that is to do a reset and choose to erase. I know it is a pain and I am unsure if apple will adresses this.

As of right now though. This ais a reason for me to avoid using spotlight to search for emails.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if the update adresses your particular problem. I am also unsure if this is a widespread problem. Have you tried doing a reset or restore??

Yes reset, and restore everything. Deleting the actual email client from the phone and reinstalling it did work. type in the name of a email you get regularly and see if you see it in search....i bet you do.......

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
i don't use spotlight to search for emails, when i am searching for something else it always brings up some emails with those "letters" in it that I had deleted months ago......

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW