New iPhone 5 keeps dropping calls

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got the iPhone 5 about a week ago. I upgraded from the iPhone 4, my 4 was very reliable for phone calls so far the 5 is not. When I had the 4 I don't remember ever dropping a call or have a call break up, since getting the 5 the phone service has been horrible. I have been thru 3 different devices for other problems but all 3 had the same issue with call service. When I call someone I'm told I sound very muffled and garbled. Are these common issues on the 5, I can't believe its the service since I never had this trouble before and I have had it with all 3 iPhone 5 devices. Is there a fix?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
That's very odd. When you take your phone in for a replacement, are you testing the call quality before leaving the Apple store?

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
That's very odd. When you take your phone in for a replacement, are you testing the call quality before leaving the Apple store?

Apple blames the carrier, I am sure it's not the carrier because my wife's iphone 4 is on the same carrier and does not have this issue even when right beside me when I am having it happen.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 5 has been the best iPhone yet in terms of call quality and signal strength. I agree with Alli here, take it into Apple and get them to do test calls on it while you are there. This is definitely not normal for the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

bahandi

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
How's the LTE in your area? Others have reported that spotty LTE causes the iPhone 5 to drop service entirely while it reconnects.

bustermin

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
How's the LTE in your area? Others have reported that spotty LTE causes the iPhone 5 to drop service entirely while it reconnects.

When the LTE works it seems to work well but most of the time it is crap when I try to use any type of data 9 out of 10 times I get the attached messageImageUploadedByTapatalk 21371261519.204551.jpg and nobody seems to be able to resolve the issue....

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When the LTE works it seems to work well but most of the time it is crap when I try to use any type of data 9 out of 10 times I get the attached messageView attachment 32372 and nobody seems to be able to resolve the issue....

From looking at this I think you have a service issue .. Maybe have sprint re provision. Your phone or update the prl ? Now quite sure how it works with sprint but I think you have to call them to do it.
I would also try getting a new sim from sprint and or apple that could solve the issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

xlipstickandbruisesx

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think your sim card is not activated. Did they give you a new one or stick your old card in there? When I got my replacement I had the same exact problem and they did give me a new phone that person was activating the sim and whatnot and the original person all they did was stick it in the phone and send me on my way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW