New iPhone 11 service not working after transfer from old phone.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Have a friend who got an iPhone 11. Having issue with service. They transferred over everything. But old phone still showing service despite Verizon saying they are all set. They can’t text non iPhones. Up til this morning texts were going thru coming from email not the phone #
Any ideas? It’s like both phones are active in their own ways. Which makes no sense.

k1ward

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the cellular service or the iMessage service? If the iMessage service, did they log into their Apple ID? If the cellular service, did they transfer the SIM chip?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Are you talking about the cellular service or the iMessage service? If the iMessage service, did they log into their Apple ID? If the cellular service, did they transfer the SIM chip?

It sounds like they can’t contact anyone without an iPhone. Verizon is telling them it’s activated and fine from their end. Clearly it’s not.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like they can’t contact anyone without an iPhone. Verizon is telling them it’s activated and fine from their end. Clearly it’s not.

When you say they “can’t contact anyone without an iPhone”, does that include both text messaging and phone calls? If the iPhone has a dual SIM, make sure the correct line is selected in the Cellular Settings on the device.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When you say they “can’t contact anyone without an iPhone”, does that include both text messaging and phone calls? If the iPhone has a dual SIM, make sure the correct line is selected in the Cellular Settings on the device.

I will double down and ask: is the nanoSIM inserted in the SIM slot? What does the network status say (pull down from the top-right, and it will be on the top left).

It should say something among the lines of “Verizon 4G”, “Verizon LTE” or “Verizon 5G”. Like here, my phone says “TELUS LTE”. Note, you need to be off WiFi for this information.
dec5c2517fd4015fd1e6a36218d989d9.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods