New IPad update

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a new iPad. Since this I do not have a update software screen available. iTunes seems to be taking wayyyyyyy more time to download the software update.

Is there a way to update the iPads software without iTunes on this iPad?

Never mind the the above. The iPad because of its factory settings kept shutting it self off before the new software was installed. So iI disconnected the iPad from the computer and set up without iTunes.

My original plan was to restore the iPad from the backup of the other 12.9 pro that has a broke screen. Once the iOS is updated then I will restore from broke iPads backup.

Now the iPad was advertised as a 1st generation. But, hooked up to iTunes found out this is actually a 2nd generation.

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
More information required. if your iPad is genuinely a 2nd generation it has been obsolete for years and will receive no more updates. If on the other hand it is a gen 2 iPad Pro, I dunno !

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
It is a2nd generation pro. The latest version for this ipad 14.0.01. That is how I knew there is an update from the version that I purchased this iPad had on.

So what I ended up doing is disconnecting iPad from computer and updating from within the iPad itself.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is a2nd generation pro. The latest version for this ipad 14.0.01. That is how I knew there is an update from the version that I purchased this iPad had on.

So what I ended up doing is disconnecting iPad from computer and updating from within the iPad itself.

iPadOS 14.0.1 is the latest official release, unless I’m mistaken.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner