New IPad Mini?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Rumors came out in the last week that Apple is developing an iPad Mini 5 -- the rumors think it might be introduced at the event on the 30th, but might also be announced separately in the coming months.

My question, what do you want to see in a new iPad Mini, and would you upgrade?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m basically done with iPads.in regard to the iPad Mini, it wouldn’t work for ‘me’ at this point unless I was using it primarily as an e-book reader.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My question, what do you want to see in a new iPad Mini, and would you upgrade?

The iPad mini is my preferred form factor. I love the size and weight.

I'll upgrade when my Mini 4 stops working or no longer receives iOS updates.

What do I want to see? I'm fine with an upgraded processor and an updated Touch ID sensor (the current Mini uses the same sensor as the 5s, 6, and SE). I don't really need pencil support, but why not?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Depends. From what I read there won’t be fingerprint or face id. Not sure I would like that. I have the 4 and love it. While I want a refresh I don’t want less features. Now come out with an iPad mini pro with face id and i am all over that bad boy!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just don't have any use for a iPad Mini. If I need to go larger than my Max, the iPad Mini wouldn't be my choice, I would just go to my 9.7 iPad to be honest.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Depends. From what I read there won’t be fingerprint or face id.

I find it hard to believe that Apple would have a device now that wouldn't have on or the other. Unless there is some biometric, there is no way that they are shipping a new iPad Mini with a regression that severe.

jlarkins08

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I probably will. My iPad mini 4 is okay but I would like to have some more RAM and processor speed. I mean hey it's 3 years old and it's a device I use everyday.. I love the form factor and portability of this device. It is my favorite device from Apple really!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There was a time when tablets were ideal for on the go use but now that smartphones have gotten more features and power I don’t see a need for them

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm looking to pick up a mini for an interface with my home automation that can stay at home for relatives to use if I am out or whatever the case may be. I'd like to see an updated mini, but truthfully even a 3 would probably work for me.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Right now is the “rumor”?that iPad mini 5 is coming this year. What I’d like to know is who is going to buy one if they have an Xs MAX? Maybe some might. I just bought the new 12.9” pro so I’m not looking to get another one.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
There are rumors of a new iPad Mini. The question is, how soon it will be released, though the rumors suggest it will be in the next couple of months. At the same time, they are just rumors and may not be true.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Right now is the “rumor”?that iPad mini 5 is coming this year. What I’d like to know is who is going to buy one if they have an Xs MAX? Maybe some might. I just bought the new 12.9” pro so I’m not looking to get another one.

I have an iPad Mini. Not all apps for iPhone are designed or have the same features as iPad apps.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
iPad mini will always have a special place in my heart. First iPad mini was one of my favorite iPads. I hope they update it. IPad Pro 10.5 in iPad mini form

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
The most important thing is to keep the current size. Removing the button and bezels, the screen can grow to around 8.5". That is plenty.

All it really needs is a CPU and camera upgrade. Pencil would be nice, but personally I don't care about that. Give the mini 5 the specs of an iPhone 8 Plus and it will be great.

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it's here.

The most important thing is to keep the current size. Removing the button and bezels, the screen can grow to around 8.5". That is plenty.

All it really needs is a CPU and camera upgrade. Pencil would be nice, but personally I don't care about that. Give the mini 5 the specs of an iPhone 8 Plus and it will be great.

It looks like the specs of an XR and XS instead. And yes to pencil support, yes to updated cameras but still with the same form factor, bezels and all. Better display technology as well.

I'm very ok with this. I won't be upgrading soon, but my AppleCare+ is up on my Mini 4 next month, and I would have been pissed if I had to buy 2015's technology to keep the same form factor if something happened to my current one.

(Also hopeful that cases, accessories, etc., for the Mini 5 will fit the Mini 4, so I can get a new case if mine wears out - it seems to be getting close.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR