New iPad, don't know Passcode

I

iMore Question

OK, I have an iPad that I bought on the internet. It requires a passcode to log on, obviously I have no idea what it is and no help from the seller (thinking it may have been stolen). Anyway, all the reset procedures require me to connect it to the computer where it was synced, but I have never synced it! Help, I just want to wipe and start anew. Any suggestions?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
OK, I have an iPad that I bought on the internet. It requires a passcode to log on, obviously I have no idea what it is and no help from the seller (thinking it may have been stolen). Anyway, all the reset procedures require me to connect it to the computer where it was synced, but I have never synced it! Help, I just want to wipe and start anew. Any suggestions?

Sorry, but there is nothing we can do for you. If the device does not have the activation lock enabled, you could put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and then select to restore it via iTunes. If activation lock has been enabled, you still will NOT be able to use the device.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I suggest you contact whatever seller and let them know you bought a iPad that is stolen or that doesn't work; eBay, Amazon or whatever it is that you used. If you paid through PayPal or your bank open a case.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you have indicated that you have had no luck or help from the seller indicates to me something shady is going on and in that case as already stated if he sold it from a site I would contact them and report it and as told, File a case with your Credit Card or. or Paypal.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you contact whatever seller and let them know you bought a iPad that is stolen or that doesn't work; eBay, Amazon or whatever it is that you used. If you paid through PayPal or your bank open a case.

Since you have indicated that you have had no luck or help from the seller indicates to me something shady is going on and in that case as already stated if he sold it from a site I would contact them and report it and as told, File a case with your Credit Card or. or Paypal.

I agree with you both. OP, don't let this go...make sure you report this. It might be time consuming but its well with it.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You're going need to contact the seller. Sorry you have to go thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You're going need to contact the seller. Sorry you have to go thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

This stuff sucks and it makes it hard for those of us who are trying to do clean sells.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods