New iMore Site Design: Official Feedback Thread

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hellllllooooo everyone! If you've been a part of iMore over the past year or so, you'll know we've worked hard to launch a new forum design. We couldn't have achieved this without your help, and wouldn't you know it, we need your help again.

Over the next few months we plan on rolling out new designs across ALL facets of iMore. The header, the article look and feel, our apps. The first step in this process will involve a new site header, new colors, new fonts and styles... Basically a refresh of the overall brand look and feel. This is the look you see before you today.

This is just the beginning of a major redesign and we hope we can count on you - our valued and members - to provide your honest feedback as we go. We appreciate any feedback you can give us. Point out any bugs, inconsistencies, or things that simply 'don't look right'.

Provide your feedback below. Once again, we can't do this without your help. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the new designs and will indeed provide feedback when applicable. :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Will the app actually work this time? My app hasn't worked for months. Stories wouldn't refresh, or anything. Text looks cleaner on the site, I like it. Hope the app is similar.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I like the overall design but I dislike the yellow and the logo. It looks dated.

The yellow also clashes with the forum's color scheme, but I'm sure that will eventually be fixed.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
With any change, it will grow on me. Hopefully it addresses the issues that people have with the site, which is getting through the stuff they don't want to the stuff they do.

Like @Rob Phillips, I look forward to seeing the forum color scheme match the main site.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I LOVE the new design. It addresses a major complaint I had with iMore and AC starting to become way, WAY too similar, at least in look. I think this new design and new primary color (meaning main color) is fresh and visually interesting. I can't WAIT to see what else is coming! Great job @David Lundblad @GioLogist!

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm really hoping this adds a way for those of us who have been using Apple for a while to filter out via rss a lot of the "beginner guides".

I really love the site, but when spammed in my feed with a majority of "here's how to set up email on your new iPad" it's a very mild irritant.

Like sand.

spot1701

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Your site has always looked great and the new design looks very good UNTIL you stop blocking ads. Then it's a mess. I understand you need ads, although I don't understand why you need so much tracking, or unsafe scripts.
But you need to include ads a little more intelligently.
ads.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice