new ikonnette in dock

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know the purpose and meaning of the silly,pointless little alarm clock that appears on the first ikon on the right of the dock/toolbar at the bottom of the homepage ? I don’t like this, it is irritating and appears to have no useful function, in fact the repetition of the ikon seems redundant as well. Is there a way to get rid of this nonsense .. permanently ?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It means you have an alarm activated on your device. Turn off all of your alarms and it goes away. iPhone X doesn’t have it but I always found it useful considering I use my phone as an alarm clock throughout the week.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Rob, if you don’t mind, where can I find a list of alarms ?
the alarm clock on, ikon has always been at the top of the screen for me and does not have mickey mouse ear bells on it.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Rob, if you don’t mind, where can I find a list of alarms ?
the alarm clock on, ikon has always been at the top of the screen for me and does not have mickey mouse ear bells on it.

Open the Clock app, and tap the alarm icon.
0ef4afb2884d0f6ed4a1adcd5c9ba9d1.jpg

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You can also use Siri to turn your alarms on and off. “Hey Siri, turn off all of my alarms”, “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 8:00 AM”, etc.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can also use Siri to turn your alarms on and off. “Hey Siri, turn off all of my alarms”, “Hey Siri, set an alarm for 8:00 AM”, etc.

I wake up at the same time everyday, so I have set it once. Now I just say “Hey Siri l, enable all my alarms” / “Hey Siri, disable all my alarms”

Siri is actually pretty good. She also listens to “Hey Siri, Alarms” and shows you all your current alarms, both enabled and disabled.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok,thank you. this has only been happening for a week on my iPad 5, and obviously was not a feature on my older devices.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
The little icon you are referring is designed to appear on a frequently used App at a time when you regularly use it. It used to appear in the morning on my Calendar App, until I moved the latter permanently to the Dock.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The little icon you are referring is designed to appear on a frequently used App at a time when you regularly use it. It used to appear in the morning on my Calendar App, until I moved the latter permanently to the Dock.

Aaaaah I think you’re right. I missed the “bottom” detail in the original post.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

So if correct ( and I believe it to be) what on earth do you think the point of it is ? after all, I may or may not want to use it at that time today, even if I did yesterday. Pure pointless over complication, Hooey !

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Done it ! to remove this function ( adding an existing ikon to the dock/app switcher bar) I had to turn the “multitasking and dock” ON first, delete the app and turn m&d back to OFF again and then re-install the app, this works. I really didn’t like my homepage showing two identical ikons on the same page and seriously hated the little alarm clock ikonnette !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice