New Apple Watch with broken face, Apple won't replace! What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Apple watch with broken face, Apple won't replace!

... The question is WHO can I speak to! I'm Not interested in opinions about what happened-I was there! ...

Fair enough. You should be able to speak with any genius at a nearby Apple Store. You can also fill out the form in regard to the Watch via the following link.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html#mn_p.

Good luck with your dilemma.

docfmiles

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

I'm sorry, but I'm not believing it. I have had my Watch since May 4th, and I wear it all day everyday. I wear it at work (of which I am currently preparing to do), exercising, wrestling and goofing off with my very active and physical youngest son, and I've banged it on countertops, doorways, on the hard ground, at work, etcetera, and there is not a scratch, ding, dent, scrape, nick, crack or chip on it. Furthermore, I have never had a screen protector or protective casing on it. The Watch, in 'my' experience, can take a licking from 'normal' wear and normal use. Its materials are far more durable than I had anticipated.

This is why I am convinced that this particular watch was defective from day one. If YOUR watch broke...WHO would you speak to?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

That's precise why I'm convinced it was delivered to him with a defect. The question is WHO can I speak to at Apple to resolve this issue?

Send Tim Cook a email with your story.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

koltonh2002

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Why would I make it up? The darned thing broke! It was his entire "Fortune". He'd saved for months to buy a CLEARLY defective watch. Your comment was insensitive.

is the level of insensitivity the same level as the amount of sense your argument is making? nobody here is backing you on this

(I'm 13 ha)

BonMiller

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site

But i guess all phone warranties don't supports Physical damage. Try to go to the store where you buy your devices hope they replace it.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

That is why I think it was defective! The question is WHO can I speak to! I'm Not interested in opinions about what happened-I was there! A day old watch face broke off! It was all the money he had, and he chose to spend it on this product believing he'd get his money's worth.

It's easy to think he injured the watch, but not true. I expected Apple to back their product, but they did not. Now, WHO can I speak to?

tcook@apple.com

Of course, had your grandson popped for the extra $49 for AppleCare+, it would be a non-issue. But now we're dealing with a "he said/she said" issue with a robust device has "broken all by itself" and overnight, to boot. Good luck with that.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

The Withings Activit? Pop had a manufacturing defect where the glass could pop (hah) while not wearing it. Even the CNET reviewer opened his drawer to find the glass on his watch shattered one day.

That manufacturing defect was rather widespread, however, which made it far easier to get a refund/exchange (I believe there was a recall). This is the first I've heard of this concerning the WATCH.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

That is why I think it was defective! The question is WHO can I speak to! I'm Not interested in opinions about what happened-I was there! A day old watch face broke off! It was all the money he had, and he chose to spend it on this product believing he'd get his money's worth.

It's easy to think he injured the watch, but not true. I expected Apple to back their product, but they did not. Now, WHO can I speak to?
You're being delusional, and an absolute troll. There is no way without the help of the wearer that a "chunk" of the face just falls off.
As far as who you can speak to, Here you go ...
giphy.gif

docfmiles

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

Yeah. I feel like something is sketchy since you don't wake up to see a broken device unless someone broke it. I don't see how it would break by itself without someone messing with it. Or it might just be a defective device.
I think it's defective, too! Apple is refusing to replace this 8 day old watch! I've always had good support from Apple. I guess they've lost their way in the corporate jungle

docfmiles

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

tcook@apple.com

Of course, had your grandson popped for the extra $49 for AppleCare+, it would be a non-issue. But now we're dealing with a "he said/she said" issue with a robust device has "broken all by itself" and overnight, to boot. Good luck with that.

Apparently the sports watches are not so "robust!"

docfmiles

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site

You're not real helpful, or funny. This ABSOLUTELY happened! I asked for help, not your "opinion"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You're not real helpful, or funny. This ABSOLUTELY happened! I asked for help, not your "opinion"
Physical damage as you've described is not a defect subject to warranty coverage. No one here can help that.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

For any Apple product that has physical damage there isn't any relief anyone here can offer but take it to a Apple Store or contact Apple CS or even contact Tim Cook.

This is a forum that is driven by opinions like any other forum. Trying convince the members here that this ABSOLUTELY happened is doing ABSOLUTELY nothing to solve your dilemma.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

OP you wanted to know who to go to.
You received that information.
I expect that this is about as far as this thread can logically go.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I think it's defective, too! Apple is refusing to replace this 8 day old watch! I've always had good support from Apple. I guess they've lost their way in the corporate jungle

There was a pretty low chance of it being defective. Now that I think of it, if it was a defect, the watch should've been that way out of the box. Apple will only refuse if they have a good reason to. If you visit an Apple Store, you might be able to convince them about what you are saying, assuming that you are telling the whole, truthful story. You still have time to buy AppleCare. Better buy it before the window to buy it closes. Good luck.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Multiple people recommended making an appointment at the Genius Bar, calling Apple Support, and emailing Apple Support. Not just that, they gave you links for feedback too. I don't know what other type of "help" you need.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

My grandson got a new Apple watch while we were on vacation last week. He woke up in the morning to find the face cracked and a piece of it broken off. We asked Apple to replace it because it's a very obvious defect and they are refusing!
Who do we speak to at Apple to get honest support?

You woke up and it was cracked? As In when you went to sleep it was in perfect condition and when you woke the next morning it was cracked? So it essentially cracked itself by itself over night?

I hope they laughed in your face before they said they wouldn't replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR