Network connection issue?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem at least once a month for a couple days if not more. Try using my iphone 11 with Verizon in my 2019 Chevy Cruze. I use Pandora for music and then typical apps on there facebook, snapchat, waze or other gps. I find at times it will just lose its connection.
I could be playing music then next thing you know it stops playing after 1 song. Says poor network connection. Or I am using GPS and unless it's a address already in the phone it will act like it can't search for locations. Very inconvenient if I am on the road. Then messages on snapchat or fb messenger stay as "sending" til I exit the car.

I have tried resetting the network on phone. Unpairing phone from car and then have to redo all the passwords to get on and connect. I just have no idea what is going on with this.

Just very frustrating when it seems technology screws you from using it. If I'm in the car it's not too helpful if my GPS will not work. Especially when I need it lol.

This will happen with wired connection to apple car play and also via bluetooth connection.

Anyone know what could be going on?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
IMG_9638.JPGIMG_9640.JPGIMG_9641.JPG

So I’ll get this. Music should be playing but it’s not. And there’s no network connection for gps. It’s honestly annoying me. I had it going fine again I’m not sure if it resolved itself. Then it crapped out again in middle of doordashing so I had to stop cause it wasn’t sending me anything due to no connection for some reason.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 131341View attachment 131342View attachment 131343

So I’ll get this. Music should be playing but it’s not. And there’s no network connection for gps. It’s honestly annoying me. I had it going fine again I’m not sure if it resolved itself. Then it crapped out again in middle of doordashing so I had to stop cause it wasn’t sending me anything due to no connection for some reason.

I noticed your phone is on WiFi. Normally, with Wireless CarPlay, that should not happen.

Is it possible that when connection issues happen, your phone is just out of reach of the WiFi network.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I noticed your phone is on WiFi. Normally, with Wireless CarPlay, that should not happen.

Is it possible that when connection issues happen, your phone is just out of reach of the WiFi network.

No that’s sitting in the car. It will happen wifi or if I’m wired up. And if I’m on Bluetooth as well. But few times I could be right in car and it asks if I’m within range of my own cars network. Makes no sense.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No that’s sitting in the car. It will happen wifi or if I’m wired up. And if I’m on Bluetooth as well. But few times I could be right in car and it asks if I’m within range of my own cars network. Makes no sense.

Is there a protective case on your iPhone? If so, can you remove it and then see if the matter persists?

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Is there a protective case on your iPhone? If so, can you remove it and then see if the matter persists?

Just a life proof fré case. Nothing overly bulky. Needed cause work. I’ll destroy it with no protection. A case wouldn’t explain why even when I’m directly wired up it acts up. I have cell service to even it happens so just weird how it only happens every so often. Like during day yesterday then night it was ok but happened again

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just a life proof fré case. Nothing overly bulky. Needed cause work. I’ll destroy it with no protection. A case wouldn’t explain why even when I’m directly wired up it acts up. I have cell service to even it happens so just weird how it only happens every so often. Like during day yesterday then night it was ok but happened again

You’re right. It wouldn’t explain the “wired” connection issue, but I’ve seen stranger things happen. I have a 2019 BMW 430i and it only has wireless CarPlay. CarPlay in and of itself works flawlessly, however, if I switch to using Bluetooth and BMW’s own system then I experience something similar. If I attempt to play a song, sometimes I have to hit the play option on the Music app to get it to play and when I try to go to the next song or even switch playlists, it won’t let me. This is with iOS 15.1.

I’m going to remove my iPhone from my car’s infotainment system, turn it off, reboot my iPhone and then add it back to see if the issue persists. If you haven’t, try doing the same.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
You’re right. It wouldn’t explain the “wired” connection issue, but I’ve seen stranger things happen. I have a 2019 BMW 430i and it only has wireless CarPlay. CarPlay in and of itself works flawlessly, however, if I switch to using Bluetooth and BMW’s own system then I experience something similar. If I attempt to play a song, sometimes I have to hit the play option on the Music app to get it to play and when I try to go to the next song or even switch playlists, it won’t let me. This is with iOS 15.1.

I’m going to remove my iPhone from my car’s infotainment system, turn it off, reboot my iPhone and then add it back to see if the issue persists. If you haven’t, try doing the same.

Yeah just when I think it’s working ok I’ll have music on fine. Legit one song then it acts unconnected. Will say buffering if i go right on the music app. No response to skipping to another. And even if I move location driving.
Guess it’s just touchy. No clue why. I dint want to go resetting too much

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah just when I think it’s working ok I’ll have music on fine. Legit one song then it acts unconnected. Will say buffering if i go right on the music app. No response to skipping to another. And even if I move location driving.
Guess it’s just touchy. No clue why. I dint want to go resetting too much

I did exactly what I mentioned in my previous post and both systems are working as they should and hopefully they’ll continue to do so.

mws_1984

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
I did exactly what I mentioned in my previous post and both systems are working as they should and hopefully they’ll continue to do so.

So far it’s ok today. Knock on wood. Wonder if it’s cell service doing upgrades at random times causing interference.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’ll check in my car tomorrow with wireless CarPlay how it sets up the connection.

It could be that a setting (e.g.: IPv4 default gateway or IPv6 router) is being set that just should not be defined.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Mmh, wireless CarPlay does set those settings. So there goes out that idea.

But let’s try something. Connect your phone to your CarPlay car using the USB port, and disable WiFi using Control Centre.