Netflix's problem is the number of long-term subscribers that are leaving

iMore.com

Administrator
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Recent reports are that Netflix is losing customers faster than it is gaining them, something that saw it lose an aggregate of 200,000 paying customers last quarter. But new research shows that the biggest issue isn't that people are leaving — it's who those people are.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Been a subscriber for some 10-ish years and as long as T-Mobile pays the bill, I’ll stay.

Long time Sprint customer I had free Hulu and use to use my brother’s Netflix account. Now I’m on T-Mobile with Free Netflix but decided to begin paying for Hulu because I feel it’s worth the price for the better than average content

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Recent reports are that Netflix is losing customers faster than it is gaining them, something that saw it lose an aggregate of 200,000 paying customers last quarter. But new research shows that the biggest issue isn't that people are leaving — it's who those people are.

Full story from the iMore Blog...

I can definitely agree with the article.

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
Imho this was coming and probably unavoidable. Approaching a quarter billion subscribers in a world that is full of streaming content choices, even free ones. Surveys suggest Netflix puts on the most ‘liked’ content. Opinions will obviously vary on that but the rising subscription cost coupled with streaming choice saturation is a tough sell to hold onto that almost quarter billion subscribers. No doubt growing at the rate it was was/is nearly unsustainable and recessing numbers IMHO more likely. Even tougher for Netflix is it is only streaming(why I stayed away from long term investment in the stock). Amazon, Google, Apple, Disney, CBSViacom to name some. Multi product corporations that can leverage wider offerings as well as fund streaming as a revenue loss especially the first 3 in the list (I believe Apple is losing money on AppkeTV+, there has always been suggestion that Prime is not profitable as a standalone). But Netflix is far from dead. One year ago they were the grand king of the mountain. Now they’re stale leftovers. In reality they were never as good as CW said they were and not as bad as CW says they are now. But a standalone streaming company fighting Apple’s mega cash expenditures on content creation which is raising all production cost? That’s imho Netflix’s big weakness, fighting against the mega corporation deep pockets.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I do prefer Hulu over Netflix. There are, however, a few series on Netflix that I really love. I am not a "year-round" subscriber. Instead, I purchase a Netflix gift card from Kroger (great plus points that are even more valuable because of the ridiculously high cost of fuel) only when there's something specific I want to watch on Netflix.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro