Netflix changes password rules - no more family sharing for you

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Not really a big deal. Netflix has to make money to stay in business. If I have to pay a few dollars more per month for my son to use it, it’s still cheaper then him having his own account. I’ll pay the extra few dollars.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I read on Techradar today, that the Netflix password "crackdown" began May 23rd. Has anyone noticed anything? I don't share my password, but I do occasionally log on from work and am wondering if I'll get an email from Netflix.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I read on Techradar today, that the Netflix password "crackdown" began May 23rd. Has anyone noticed anything? I don't share my password, but I do occasionally log on from work and am wondering if I'll get an email from Netflix.
You shouldn't, because your home (and primary usage) location is home. It was deployed for many months in Canada. After a week, no one was talking about it anymore.

Reactions: Annie_M

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I haven't noticed anything. My son and I share. Different locations.

TheNotoriousJ-A.D.

How To Editor at iMore
Staff member
May 24, 2023
Visit site
It's hard to justify Netflix without password sharing. Streaming services are becoming too expensive, I like the Apple model of $5.99 for the whole family (although not so keen on the content!).

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Until recently, Apple TV has always been hit or miss for me. I've really started delving in to its offerings more, and have found a lot of enjoyable shows.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2