Need to sync ACT! and Outlook

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
I have just come over from BlackBerry OS and have always used CompanionLink (DejaOffice) to sync ACT! (contacts and notes) and Outlook (calendar) to my phone.

Since I already had the software on my PC, I loaded DejaOffice on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 12). The first sync went perfectly where all the data made it into DejaOffice and then was automatically copied to the native calendar and contacts; however, subsequent syncs will not copy to the native calendar. All the data makes it into DejaCal, but never moves over.

I have wiped the native calendar and tried again. Made sure iCloud was off (per CompanionLink website), but still nothing ports over.

Any ideas on why subsequent syncs only sync to the native contacts but not the calendar?

Also, if you can recommend another app that allows what I need, that would be an alternative.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is ACT! still in existence? I haven't used that in ages. Anyway, I hope someone who can assist you will reply soon.

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Yes, ACT! gets regular updates and enhancements. For small to medium size businesses it does a decent job of maintaining all our customer records. In our case, that is over 5,500 plus all the standard fields, custom fields, and notes. That part is working; it is the calendar part that isn't syncing.

I know I can use iTunes to sync over the Outlook calendar and I have done that. The problem is a lack of control compared to CompanionLink and DejaOffice. The problem I found with iTunes was being able to:

1) force a one way sync from computer to phone
2) wipe the native calendar before sending over the new data

The latter causes issues with the occasional double entry that gets transferred back to Outlook.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner