Need suggestions: iPad Pro for everyday work

titovenok88

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
Dear colleagues! I am searching for the device for everyday work. I am working with tons of emails and different types of docs (Word, Excel, PP, Acrobat, etc.), messengers (WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram). What can You suggest to buy?
I have iMac at home and Windows PC in the office, but I have realized, that I’m always out of office and home, work “on the road”.
Now I am using the iPhone XS Max with smart battery case, but seems for me, that I need bigger screen and keyboard to be more productive.
Thinking about iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 6 vs ARM Windows Lenovo C630. But I need Your suggestions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I recommend a MacBook Air with 8 GBs RAM. That is what I use for work and it is more than capable of handling what you described in your initial post.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank You very much! 12/Air/Pro? Which one will be better? They all have same keyboards?

The MacBook Pro will be the most powerful, and will probably be overkill for you. I have a 2017 model MacBook Pro which I love, but it is indeed overkill. The MacBook Air that I use at work is more than enough. I generally keep almost 20 tabs open all day long in addition to working on spreadsheets, Making and receiving VOIP calls, etcetera. If my MacBook Pro were to crap out on me, I’d probably replace it with an MBA.

titovenok88

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
The MacBook Pro will be the most powerful, and will probably be overkill for you. I have a 2017 model MacBook Pro which I love, but it is indeed overkill. The MacBook Air that I use at work is more than enough. I generally keep almost 20 tabs open all day long in addition to working on spreadsheets, Making and receiving VOIP calls, etcetera. If my MacBook Pro were to crap out on me, I’d probably replace it with an MBA.

The price of Air and Pro (13) +- same. Do they have different keyboards? Or same experience? Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The price of Air and Pro (13) +- same. Do they have different keyboards? Or same experience? Thanks.

The keyboard is different - at least on the MBP and MBA that I use. I’m fine with either, but some people dislike the butterfly keyboard of the MBP.

SInce people are accustomed to pushing the keys down a bit while typing, typing on the MBP may be loud as heck until you get used to it.

titovenok88

Jul 27, 2019
Visit site
The keyboard is different - at least on the MBP and MBA that I use. I’m fine with either, but some people dislike the butterfly keyboard of the MBP.

SInce people are accustomed to pushing the keys down a bit while typing, typing on the MBP may be loud as heck until you get used to it.

The new MBA has the same butterfly keyboard, am I right?