Need new Macbook Pro Battery Replacement for Late 2011 Model & a few other mods

jimmymiro12

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,
I am hoping to get some help with this. So I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro Late 2011 15" that i use for DJing. I have no intentions of upgrading the model but want to improve performance. I have updated the ram to 16GB and this was done approximately 2 years ago.

One big issue is the battery. I attempted to go to the Apple Store but they told me my Macbook is "vintage" and no longer have the parts to replace the battery. On that note can anyone make any reputable recommendations for replacements? I cannot afford to have issues with this computer

Additionally, I am looking at upgrading the HD. It is currently a 750GB HD that was installed when I initially purchased it, but am looking at upgrading possibly to Samsung EVO 850 SSD 1TB. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Or if there may be a better model?

Lastly, my Macbook gets warm (to what I consider hot) on the left side near the speaker. Not sure if there is actually anything wrong but would appreciate if anyone can make any suggestions of what that could be.

With my DJ program there is some lag and ultimately that is why I am looking to make these upgrades.

Any & all help is much appreciated
Thanks in advance
Jimmy

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77