Need landscape app for SMS??

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry for posting a new thread on this as I am sure it has been answered before but I can not find the thread again. I am looking for a good application that puts the keyboard into landscape mode for your sms. It's been a while but I read a thread before where several were listed but two were recommended over the others. Can someone please help?

reyza

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
Some added info on iRealSMS: it comes packaged with Quicksend, allowing you to very quickly(almost instantly) send a text to someone within any app. No need to close anything. That same feature can also be used to call people within any app, no need to go to home screen then phone; just open quicksend, find contact, tap call. I love it.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
All of them cost money, mySMS and biteSMS are the cheapest. mySMS has a "never ending trial version where 20% of the outgoing SMS take 30 seconds to send, the other 80% send immediately. After you buy a license all outgoing messages send immediately. iRealSMS has the most features and all have free trials. Give them a try and pick the one you like best.

jayman30

Oct 28, 2008
www.iphonedownlow.com
What's the reason everyone wants to have landscape SMS? I would never use this and am interested in understanding the idea behind it.

Landscape SMS offers a large keyboard with bigger keys for much faster, more accurate 'two thumb' typing.

mysms.jpg

MySMS in Landscape mode has room for punctuation keys on the top right.

spsands

Sep 10, 2008
www.twitter.com
Landscape SMS offers a large keyboard with bigger keys for much faster, more accurate 'two thumb' typing.

mysms.jpg

MySMS in Landscape mode has room for punctuation keys on the top right.

You know... I have a landscape sms program that I NEVER use... I can actually 2 thumb the regular sms app.

I thought I would like it so much more, but I havent. Dont see a need to use it.

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I think landscape text is going to be like anything else, some will like it, some won't. I have been using landscape text with iRealSMS and mySMS for a while and I love it. I have large fingers and find it very difficult to type in portrait with two hands.

You know... I have a landscape sms program that I NEVER use...
I thought I would like it so much more, but I havent. Dont see a need to use it.

If you've gotten proficient at portrait SMS you may not have a need for it, but some of us do, I also think if the landscape SMS had been available natively you may have found it more useful. I think it would be a pain in the butt use a second app to type the message then send to the sms app then open that app and send it.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yeah, I mean it's good that they added it because then it gives everyone what they want. I can use my portrait still so it doesn't take anything away from me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods