Need help with ringtones

CPColley

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the app mxyer from iTunes to splice a song into a ringtones for me and I did and emailed it to myself like I said and downloaded it on my MacBook and then dragged it into my iTunes and then synced my iPhone like it said and I can't find it under ringtones... I see it under music but not ringtones.. Anyone have any tips or advice that can help me? Thanks!!

Eick1967

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So I downloaded the app mxyer from iTunes to splice a song into a ringtones for me and I did and emailed it to myself like I said and downloaded it on my MacBook and then dragged it into my iTunes and then synced my iPhone like it said and I can't find it under ringtones... I see it under music but not ringtones.. Anyone have any tips or advice that can help me? Thanks!!

This is exactly what happened to me ..... Check your file extensions - sounds like they are m4a. I changed mine to m4r , re-synched and they showed up in the right spot. Hope that helps ....

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you are using a Windows PC, make sure that you have it enabled to SHOW FILE EXTENSIONS in the folder options. Sometimes, it will let you rename the file to .m4r but it will still be a .m4a file. Example: ringtone.m4r.m4a. When you tell windows to SHOW FILE EXTENSIONS FOR KNOWN FILE TYPES in the folder options then you are given the option to ACTUALLY change the file type. Try this and let us know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro