Need help restoring an Ipod Touch 4g 32gb

SNWLeader

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi my grandfather gave me an ipod touch 4g 32gb and I am trying to remove this problem with the darn thing.
The Ipod Touch I received has this lock problem.....thats why my grandfather gave it to me. The lock time has been modified to about a good 15 years and the ipod is in german. I was able to jailbreak the darn thing, but cannot get it to boot through tethered and I need to restore it. Does anyone know what I should do?

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried DFU Mode? To do this, follow these steps -
Press and hold the Lock and Home button for 10 seconds. Then without releasing the home button, keep it held for 15 seconds. Now you're in DFU Mode. In order to do this, the iPod must be connected to an Windows/Mac Computer. This should allow the device to restore. Actually, that's the only thing you can do is restore...

SNWLeader

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried DFU Mode? To do this, follow these steps -
Press and hold the Lock and Home button for 10 seconds. Then without releasing the home button, keep it held for 15 seconds. Now you're in DFU Mode. In order to do this, the iPod must be connected to an Windows/Mac Computer. This should allow the device to restore. Actually, that's the only thing you can do is restore...

Dfu mode is defiantly the best route to try
I have tried that and nothing happened. I am seeing if I could go through redsn0w or through Greenpois0n.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
DFU or Recovery mode would be the best at this point now. When you put it into DFU/Recovery mode, plug it into iTunes and restore the firmware.

Did this help?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Even better turn it off hold home button while pluging it in to computer it will go to recovery the just open iTunes and restore

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
DFU mode is most likely your only hope. It's nearly impossible to break this mode. Like I said, nearly. But, with your situation, I doubt you broke it, since it's in iBoot. So do DFU Mode, it's the only way!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2