Need help in choosing a Mac.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
First off, I have a 2015 MacBook Air, 13" non retina. Its my first Mac but one thing I can't over look is the lack of non retina! So I have a few options and would like the help of the forum.
A few things I need to note, I don't speak Mac, so I don't even know what my Mac's potential or max is, you know? Also, I'm learning to code, nothing major, simple intro Python right now, hoping I like/good at it enough, that I'll continue it. I live out of my Mac, no TV and thats why this no retina thing is becoming a drag for me. I want my Mac to last me for the next few years, likes it asking too much if i say 5-10 years?How will my current Mac hold up over time? I don't want the 2016 Pro because of one thing, no glowing logo. Much like how people keep their Apple II around for the "retro" I feel the glowing logo will become "retro" in a few years and either this Mac or my next Mac will literally be with me for as long as possible, that even if I upgrade down the road, I'd keep this one. So do I keep this one and get a better monitor? I don't know if I want a screen that just sits around, I'm a minimalist kinda person so though having a bigger screen sounds great right now, for certain situations, in the long run, I feel like I might not want it. Thats where I'm at though.
Keep my Air or upgrade
monitor or no monitor

Want retina
Want glowing logo

anon(9776449)

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Definitely upgrade it. Depending on what your doing you have the 13" and the 15" models. I like the 13" because of the portability and the screen size is great. But I also like the 15" because it's big and you can see everything but if you're going to carry this around the 15" is not a good choice. But as I've said it depends on what you doing and your routine. I would go for a 13" but if you want a major upgrade the 15" is there for you.

angusmatheson

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
If the MacBook Air stills does everything you want, and has the glowing Apple why it keep using that. An iPad would be a better choice if you just want to watch movies in a Retina display. And you could have Swift Playground to have a fun intro to Swift which is a language a lot of people are excited about.

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
What I understand about swift playground and swift period is that you still need a mac later on to do coding. You can't do this on an iPad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I just saw your post. I came to Apple in January and just got the 2015 Mac Pro this past Sunday. 13in Retina display. It was my only option. Like it a lot. For me I made the right choice

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox