Need advice on new phone or not...

Alvinoolivas

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 and it's having some hardware issues ( at least that's what AT&T claim, apple didnt check just tried selling me a new phone) service loss randomly, battery dies within a couple of hours, shuts off sometimes without dieing etc. phones is out of warranty. Almost 2 years old. No apple care. Contract is up with AT&T. Do I pay for warranty replacement? 150$ I think. Renew contract with 4s? Wait for i5? Buy used 3GS? Idk what to do but my phone is pissing me off. What do you think.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 and it's having some hardware issues ( at least that's what AT&T claim, apple didnt check just tried selling me a new phone) service loss randomly, battery dies within a couple of hours, shuts off sometimes without dieing etc. phones is out of warranty. Almost 2 years old. No apple care. Contract is up with AT&T. Do I pay for warranty replacement? 150$ I think. Renew contract with 4s? Wait for i5? Buy used 3GS? Idk what to do but my phone is pissing me off. What do you think.

It has been reported on several occasions that the next iPhone will be introduced "next month". Having said that, if you can stick it out until then, I would do so, especially if your current device still makes & receives calls as well as compose and receives text messages & email messages. If you haven't already, you can try resetting and restoring your current device as new and see if your situation improves. Still, if your device is so bad to where it is unusable and you need to have a working iPhone, then do what you have to, but I'd try to wait until the new iPhone is introduced, if possible, before deciding on what device to upgrade to. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR