NCAA Football 2019

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of college football, it is being reported that the current head coach for the Memphis Tigers, Mike Norvell, will become Florida State’s new head coach.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
LSU vs OU in the Peach Bowl
Ohio St vs Clemson in Fiesta Bowl

All the playoff games will be a shootout at the O. K. Corral.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well, our Michigan Wolverines have made a New Year’s Day Bowl game and are playing Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Just hope our defense plays as good as they have the last few games and at least make it a good game. Can’t wait for New Year’s Day.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well, our Michigan Wolverines have made a New Year’s Day Bowl game and are playing Alabama in the Citrus Bowl. Just hope our defense plays as good as they have the last few games and at least make it a good game. Can’t wait for New Year’s Day.

We're trying to guess which players will skip the bowl game. Bama has several who'll likely go high in the draft. I don't blame them for skipping the bowl. I might do the same. But it sure dampens a bowl game when they do that. Gonna be fun, regardless.
28426f8c501b05025c59c0d19d5925f8.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
We're trying to guess which players will skip the bowl game. Bama has several who'll likely go high in the draft. I don't blame them for skipping the bowl. I might do the same. But it sure dampens a bowl game when they do that. Gonna be fun, regardless.
28426f8c501b05025c59c0d19d5925f8.jpg

I don’t think any player should be allowed to skip bowl games for the NFL draft. Be a team player and support your team. If it wasn’t for the school who let them show off their talent, there would be no NFL draft.

But, I am old school and that’s just my opinion and I am hoping all the players are there and it’s a great football game, can’t wait.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t think any player should be allowed to skip bowl games for the NFL draft. Be a team player and support your team. If it wasn’t for the school who let them show off their talent, there would be no NFL draft.

But, I am old school and that’s just my opinion and I am hoping all the players are there and it’s a great football game, can’t wait.

Yeah, but when you're looking at 25+ million dollars for signing with an NFL team, why risk it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I agree. I understand why they don't want to risk getting hurt, but it seems wrong to me. There should be some sort of rule that all NCAA team members must complete the entire season, including bowl games. Not doing so smacks of poor sportsmanship, and seems to slight their team and coach.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I understand why they don't want to risk getting hurt, but it seems wrong to me. There should be some sort of rule that all NCAA team members must complete the entire season, including bowl games. Not doing so smacks of poor sportsmanship, and seems to slight their team and coach.

I might agree with this if their team makes it to the playoff. But not for other bowl games that are mostly meaningless, other than just for fan entertainment and money making for the schools. I doubt I'd risk away 25+ million dollars.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I expected LSU to beat Oklahoma today, but I did not expect total domination like it has been in the first half. Sheesh! 49-14 at the half....WOW!