NBA thread

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok maybe I'm bias (scratch that I AM bias), BUT did the announcers on TNT last night seem a bit more excited when the Raptor's scored? And OMG did they love Kawhi Leonard!!!! lol

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has been said that the Chicago Bulls are the primary reason the Patrick Ewing-led New York Knicks never won an NBA Championship. Will the Golden State Warriors be the same obstacle for the James Harden-led Houston Rockets?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Without question lol

I think you’re right, sir. Last night’s loss has got to hurt. Clint Capela stated after the last series that he wanted the Warriors. I recall him saying last year that “we can beat these guys” or something to that effect.

Eric Gordon said, after losing last year, if CP3 hadn’t gotten hurt, they would have beaten the Warriors. Well, he was healthy and at full strength. The Dubs, on the other hand, were without both Demarcus Cousins and Kevin Durant. On top of that, Curry’s finger is darn near broke and the Rockets still couldn’t win the series.

Last night’s loss is going to haunt them for quite some time, in my opinion.

Last edited:

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think you’re right, sir. Last night’s loss has got to hurt. Clint Capela stayed after the last series that he wanted the Warriors. I recall him saying last year that “we can beat these guys” or something to that effect.

Eric Gordon said, after losing last year, if CP3 hadn’t gotten hurt, they would have beaten the Warriors. Well, he was healthy and at full strength. The Dubs, on the other hand, were without both Demarcus Cousins and Kevin Durant. On top of that, Curry’s finger is darn near broke and the Rockets still couldn’t win the series.

Last night’s loss is going to haunt them for quite some time, in my opinion.
They might need to make some changes if beating that stacked Warriors team is the goal.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
They might need to make some changes if beating that stacked Warriors team is the goal.

But that’s just it. This team is not stacked like they were a few years ago. Granted, I’m referring to their depth.
In regard to their core 5, oh yeah, they’re definitely stacked in that regard.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Watching one of the ESPN shows, someone asked, “Can the Warriors win again without KD?”

My question is this: “Can the Dubs win this season’s championship without KD?” My answer is yes. They won one before he got there, and should have won the year that they won 73 games. That team is seasoned, smart and talented. Whether they have KD or not, they are still the best team in the NBA and the road to the championship still goes through Golden State. What say you?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
GS can certainly win without KD.

Sidebar: I'm liking the rumbling that if Zion doesn't like the Pels he could return to Durham. Being a Duke fan and all...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
GS can certainly win without KD.

Sidebar: I'm liking the rumbling that if Zion doesn't like the Pels he could return to Durham. Being a Duke fan and all...

I would not advise him to do that because he is more than likely going to be the number one pick and will be paid as such. If he opts to return to Duke, he risks getting injured without any guaranteed money to fall back on. He also risks not having a great year and then his stock in the NBA would take a tumble.

If his dream is play in the NBA then the time is now and it shouldn’t matter what team he plays for - at least not in the beginning.

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
GS can definitely win without KD NOW that they got past Houston. I'm not so sure that Houston series would have been so smooth for them without KD though. He's their leading scorer and they scarified a solid bench to land him. I doubt they would have won that series without KD.

Everyone is saying they were good before him (including me). But what we aren't acknowledging is how deep their bench was before him as well. There were times prior to KD where the bench carried the game.

I don't see Golden State losing the NBA Finals even if they don't have KD, although if there was a team to do it...either the Bucks or the Raptors have the talent to make it happen. Remember...Golden State didn't win an entire series without KD...they won one game. A series is different and Curry had 2 games were he put up under 20 points. They aren't winning with those kinds of performances out of Curry WITHOUT KD.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Green was a BEAST tonight. GS will be hard to beat once again. I doubt anyone can run with them and their pace on the basketball court.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Green was a BEAST tonight. GS will be hard to beat once again. I doubt anyone can run with them and their pace on the basketball court.

They are playing with pride and are reminding the world that they are still more than capable of getting the job done with or without KD.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods