native Email app Vs Gmail app battery life

mikea3000

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering what would result in better battery life, using the native app for Gmail via exchange (push). Or, would the gmail app (which has push as well, but not via any settings) be lighter on the battery?

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It depends on how many messages you get during the day and how you have setup both the apps. Gmail app just pushes your inbox but if you set up the native app using exchange you have the option to get push messages on multiple folders which makes it difficult to compare the both.

If you have more than 1 email account setup in the native app then everytime you open the app it is going to look for mails on the other accounts too which will consume more battery.

Again, the configuration is what drives the same...

mikea3000

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reposnses. To further clarify. I am using the native app only for one gmail account or the gmail app for the same. I was thinking the gmail app would eat less battery since there are no options to enable push, it does it by default. Whereas in the stock email app I have the option to turn push off

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I use the gmail app and my battery seems great. I had the mail app configured before that with push and the battery usage is about the same. Just like everyone said, if you set push just for the inbox, it's the same either way.
Good point about multiple emails in the mail app. I hate how all of them refresh when you enter the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice