• Belt Clip

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Pouch

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I got several cases for my iPhone. I switch regularly between my Element Case Vapor AR-15V and Element Case Vapor Japan Relief edition. Sometimes I use my Otterbox commuter (Only when I'm traveling).

But my favorite by far is the Element Case Vapor Japan Relief Edition (see attached image)

Yeah I like that case! I might have to look into getting that! Looks nice and sleek on the iphone!

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I prefer my iPhone to be naked. The iPhone 4 is a marvel of industrial design. It's the best looking phone out there --period. That's why I hate having a case on it. It also feels great in the hand when naked.

My naked iPhone, however, led to a cracked iPhone. On April 19th, 2011 --a date I'll never forget-- my beautiful iPhone 4 smashed into an ugly asphalt parking lot. The rear glass plate cracked. I got little pieces of glass stuck stuck in my finger when, in a moment of sheer panic, I tried frantically wiping away the crack.

Thankfully, the Apple Store only charges $29 to replace the glass back. As a result of the incident, I now keep my iPhone protected by a trusty Incase Slider.

Yeah thats my only fear as well lol....dropping my phone on the asphalt. I know you was no good when that happen! Glad you got it fixed!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I prefer my iPhone to be naked. The iPhone 4 is a marvel of industrial design. It's the best looking phone out there --period. That's why I hate having a case on it. It also feels great in the hand when naked.

My naked iPhone, however, led to a cracked iPhone. On April 19th, 2011 --a date I'll never forget-- my beautiful iPhone 4 smashed into an ugly asphalt parking lot. The rear glass plate cracked. I got little pieces of glass stuck stuck in my finger when, in a moment of sheer panic, I tried frantically wiping away the crack.

Thankfully, the Apple Store only charges $29 to replace the glass back. As a result of the incident, I now keep my iPhone protected by a trusty Incase Slider.

assuming this device was purchased when it was first available, look how long it was before the damage occurred and the price paid to fix it (not much at all) plus i have read reports of some people getting the rear glass replaced for FREE at an Apple store! so even better, if $ is a concern

my approach to running naked, outside of work, is if just replacing the glass (front or back) is the most common issue, then i will take my chances. sometimes i feel people forget that it costs $ to have nice things and even if you have to pay for a mishap with your device, then so be it. that's the price i am willing to pay, literally, to have something that looks amazing. not all covered up with some ugly case

live a little people. i am very anal with my toys and have not dropped my iP4 once in the 9 months i have owned it

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
During the work week I use the Verizon case+belt clip that has the built in stand on the back. I love the built-in stand for setting the phone on my desk while streaming Pandora.

If I'm working a duty that increases the chance my iPhone might get damaged I switch to my Otterbox Defender case for the added protection. I hate the added bulk, but the peace of mind is worth it. And Otterbox did a good job designing the cas so its still pretty comfortable to use.

But when I'm off work I take the cases off. I have protectors on the back and screen. The cheap Japan PET material protectors that you get for 3/$1.50 from Amazon. They're as smooth as the glass and I can't tell they're there. And they're so cheap that when they get a few scratches I just switch to a new one.

I bought my iP4 used and it already had a few scratches on the back. I just want to prevent any more scratches. There's a very light scratch on the bottom of the screen that you can only see at just the right angle in just the right light. It's almost more like a scratch in the oleophobic coating rather than the glass. Either way, it was enough to convince me to atleast use a screen protector.

Last edited:

iMalum

Jul 21, 2011
iphonechroniclr.wordpress.com
Yeah thats my only fear as well lol....dropping my phone on the asphalt. I know you was no good when that happen! Glad you got it fixed!

My iPhone was under warranty when I got it repaired. Although, the Apple Store guy told me that it's the same price with-or-without the warranty.

I also know someone who got their cracked screen replaced for free. It really all depends on the Genius you get and the mood they're in (and other factors I'm sure). I wasn't so lucky, but I can live with $29 --I thought it was gonna be $100+.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I have a pouch that I store it in and I'll switch it up with one of the Apple bumpers a few times. I love going commando, but want some kinda protection from drops, scratches, etc.

jeffw78

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been on both ends of the spectrum. When I first got the iPhone 4 I was all about protection (otterbox). Now most of the time I use it naked with a pouch for my pocket. I am, eyeing a black ops bumper though...

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually going case free since I got the white ip4. It was more about finger prints than safety for me. Love that they don't show now! =}

TreoToni

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I am using a BookBook too. While at work I go naked, but on the road I put it in the BookBook along with my ID, credit cards and money..is very convienant!

zed18

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Dodo case book back cover

I have a dodo book back with a hole punched out to expose the Apple logo. Provides protection for the back glass. I store it in a golla zone bag when out and about. The bag has just enough storage to carry all my necessities eliminating the need to carry a wallet.

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the phone naked but I would never forgive myself if anything happened to it (particularly as I only got it about a month ago!). I use a screen protector which you can't even see and a silicone case.

Perhaps when I've had the phone a bit longer I'll become brave and take the case off...

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've only heard of Zagg and heard many good things about it. Zagg also offers a warranty where they'll send you new shields for free.

Ghost armor may not promote being able to withstand 500 pounds or whatever. But it's not like your phone is going to survive that hit anyways. Get ghost armor, it's much clearer and doesnt have the grainy effect zagg's do. Has lifetime warranty as well.
Also this is where my thread got moved to lol

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.218907,-111.974332

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the zagg full body and I got to say I like having just a basic case and or just a bumper and not have to worry about scratch phone works just as good and kind of makes it shiny lol it does have a rubber kinda feel but I actually don't mind it I would recommend the pro install thou they did mine 3 times before I was happy and I they mess up they just grab another from the shelve (bestbuy) well worth the 7 bucks

Tillsworth

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I love the look and feel of the phone naked but I would never forgive myself if anything happened to it (particularly as I only got it about a month ago!). I use a screen protector which you can't even see and a silicone case.

Perhaps when I've had the phone a bit longer I'll become brave and take the case off...

After this I've started having the phone naked when at home. It's taking a lot of bravery I must say, but I like it...

KrispyKrink

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I used to have only a SGP "carbon fiber" skin on the back, Power Support anti-glare HD on the front and an OEM white Bumper. Looked good, but got tired of it in May since the bumper sides where thicker than the middle of the phone, just felt weird to hold, and have been going naked since. It's the way Apple intended for the phone to be, just as it is right out of the box.

Though I did have some motivation and assurance just in case I drop it. A friend of mine works at a cell phone repair shop and his boss sold my the front glass/digitizer and back glass at his wholesale cost so I can always have the parts just in case. And yeah, the wholesale cost of Apple OEM front glass/digitizer and back glass is much less than what Apple charges for the bumper alone at retail.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro