myage - How old do I look? BETA

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
We are about to release a new free app called myage.

Using modern face recognition algorithms myage estimates the age and gender of a person based on a photograph. myage is easy to use. Just snap a photo of yourself or anyone, one or multiple persons, to estimate the age. Then share on your favorite social networks!

Before the official release we would like to do a short beta.

If you are interested in testing the a beta of myage, please send me a PM with your e-mail address to get an invite to myage on TestFlight.

yold_icon.png

screenshot6_iphone6.png screenshot3_iphone6.png screenshot5_iphone6.png

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Better! Here in one pic I'm 42. That's 20 years too young. Maybe the shades?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431520289.005294.jpg

Then in others I got 50, 53, 54, 55, and 60. I tried different lighting angles and eye views. Those factors seem to make a difference. If there's light reflection in my glasses it throws it off some. In this one I turned direct to my lamp and made sure there were no light reflections and it was spot on at 62. But the gender is wrong. I've seen bearded ladies at the circus, but...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431520667.713860.jpg

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I feel like this app will be fairly fun! If my parents got a younger age, then I'm sure they will be very happy. If I got an older age, I would be quite disappointed. But this sounds like it would be a fun app between friends! :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you program the algorithm to recognize a bearded face as a man? It seems the lighter I make the photo, the older I get. The gender thing would be a deal breaker for many men. It should at least be able to recognize between a man and woman.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Can you program the algorithm to recognize a bearded face as a man? It seems the lighter I make the photo, the older I get. The gender thing would be a deal breaker for many men. It should at least be able to recognize between a man and woman.
Unfortunately there is not that much we can do about the gender recognition. The algorithm searches for particular facial features. It is not able to detect a beard. Good idea though!

The only thing we could do is add the option to not try to detect/display gender.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
An update is pending beta review.

We have re-worked the user interface in version 1.0.16 to make the app look 'prettier' in general. I have already updated the screenshots in the original post to reflect the new look.