My WiFi isn’t working on certain apps

I

iMore Question

My WiFi isn’t working for certain apps, (e.g snapchat and twitter) but works fine for Instagram and some others. I get notifications from the apps but whenever I go on them they aren’t there and I need to use 4g to actually use the apps. I got a new WiFi rooter yesterday, my phone worked fine with the old network (same with laptop which is acting up too) I’ve tried almost everything from restarting my phone, turning my phone into airplane mode for a while, turning on and off WiFi, forgetting the WiFi network, restarting the networks and reinstalling apps that weren’t working, please help!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Maybe its a firewall or other configuration issue on the router? Do you know how to access your router's settings? Sometimes they provide an app for this (that's an app for your computer), OR you enter a URL (you'll be prompted for a username and password - This info MIGHT be on the side of the router), often the URL is http://192.168.1.1

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If it's a connection issue with certain apps/websites across many devices, that almost has to be a router/firewall issue.

However, there's more info needed. While we're all probably assuming this is a home network, is it? What model/brand of router did you have and what did you replace it with? Did everything work fine before you make and hardware changes?

mina8020

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
Be that as it may, there's more data required. While we're all likely accepting this is a home system, is it? What show/brand of switch did you have and what did you supplant it with? Did everything work fine before you make and equipment changes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73