My Verizon iPhone 5S works on AT&T:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Sorry about the off-topic, but did you buy the iPhone 5S without contract? I`m from Norway and I bought a iPhone 5S from Apple Store (AT&T) at full retail price and I want to get in contact with AT&T chat support to unlock my phone, but it seems that I have to be registered with an account, and to be registered I have to have a US phone number etc... Just wonder how to unlock my phone without having any active subscription(s) at AT&T.
As mentioned above. Your AT&T 5S is already unlocked if you purchased it at the full retail price through Apple. All you need to do is restore your 5S in iTunes and you should get the "Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked" message.

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Question, I have a verizon 5s if I use a friends t-mobile sim or if I go out of the country and get a pre paid sim what happens to my Verizon service?? Once I pop the verizon sim back in is my service restored? Do I have to contact verizon to get it restored??

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Question, I have a verizon 5s if I use a friends t-mobile sim or if I go out of the country and get a pre paid sim what happens to my Verizon service?? Once I pop the verizon sim back in is my service restored? Do I have to contact verizon to get it restored??

No just hold on to your Verizon sim then pop it back in when you want to use your Verizon service. I believe you can suspend your service then when you're back in the country just restart service.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: My Verizon iPhone 5S on AT&T:

I'm getting the 5S for my wife, but my local AT&T store won't have them in, until at least the middle of November. :mad:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting the 5S for my wife, but my local AT&T store won't have them in, until at least the middle of November. :mad:

I'd try going to Apple first or using Apples order for in store pick up option if it is still available online. You should be able o get one before November.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
My T-Mobile 5S with 64gb storage is unlocked thru T-Mobile and also works on AT&T and Verizon. You can't beat that with a stick. Great phone.
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My T-Mobile 5S with 64gb storage is unlocked thru T-Mobile and also works on AT&T and Verizon. You can't beat that with a stick. Great phone.
Vinny

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
Actually, as far as using the T-Mobile 5S on Verizon is concerned, it will only work for data and not the voice side of Verizon's network. Verizon will not activate another carriers 5S on their network even though it does have the frequencies that are needed to run on it. This is the reason why I canceled my original order for the unlocked T-Mobile 5S and went with Verizon's model. I already called them when I first got it and gave them the serial number and they said that it could be activated on their network for both voice and data if I ever wanted to make the switch.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

hopefully purchasing a local gold verizon 5s to work with my AT&T sim tonight thanks to this thread!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Question if an AT&T model is bought full price at one of their stores will it be unlocked?

Carried by a raven from the wall.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Question if an AT&T model is bought full price at one of their stores will it be unlocked?

Carried by a raven from the wall.

I know it definitely would be unlocked out of the box if purchased from an Apple store. However, every iPhone that I purchased directly from AT&T at full retail was locked and required a call or email to AT&T in order to get it unlocked. AT&T never gave me a problem with unlocking, though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My 16GB gold iPhone 5s from Verizon is working 100% with AT&T. I'm getting LTE, "4G" and HSPA data.

AT&T's LTE speeds are really good too from what I've seen with mine. When I first bought it I was worried that the speeds wouldn't be as fast, but that is not the case.

rileyd5

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Agreed big time! I just switched to ATT from Verizon in Pittsburgh. Was only getting 3g in my house and sometime 1 bar LTE with Verizon. Now full bars and amazing LTE speeds. Honestly I sometimes double take on the speed tests because I'm getting 55+mb down. Best I've seen on Verizon anywhere in Pittsburgh is 14mbps. Also in my house I was getting 1-3mbps lte and under 200kbps on 3g on Verizon. lol.

purwater

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I want to thank everyone for this thread. I was wondering if I could do simultaneous voice and data on the Verizon iPhone 5S when used on the AT&T network. After a google search I found this thread. I allowed a personal line with Verizon to be ported over to my work account so they could pay for my service. At work I can only choose from the free phones available so I went with the Moto X and already have my Verizon 5S. I've been using the Moto X and it's a great little phone (and as large as I think I'm comfortable with). I knew I could use my 5S, but wanted the voice/data like the Moto does. I moved the Sim over and changed the APN settings and had perfectly working simultaneous voice and data. Now I have 2 phones I can use without losing the voice/data combo. Icing on the cake is that just last week AT&T got LTE going in my area so I didn't lose any speeds when moving over from Verizon LTE.

cktballa4

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
maybe you could help me out with this. I have almost the same situation a verizon iPhone 6 that i put an att sim in. what did you do to get att internet and data working . When i popped in the att sim my calls and sms worked i believe i used apn changer app that allowed me to get 4g which but not LTE or mms messages. How can i fix this? what were you talking about activation helping yours ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox