My trip to the darkside - An Apple guy lost in a Nexus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Wow do you actually use those 3 phones every day ? I use iphone for my personal phone, galaxy mini 3 for my work phone, and i change to blackberry since i need the hub and keypad, and galaxy mini was too slow, can't stand it. Also i have galnote 8 which i barely use. How can you manage to use all 3 phones at the same time ? Just my curiousity anyway ;)

From the left, work issued Galaxy 5, My Lumia 1520, and my Note 4. Taking the pic with my iPhone 6.
I do use them every day. Three personal lines are mine and the work phone belongs to the Feds. I love tech. It's also fun when I can see for myself how wrong militant platform cultist people often are.
I don't miss the Hub at all. Don't miss the Q10. I liked the device but I felt hobbled by the lack of native apps. As time went by I became less tolerant of BlackBerry to where the device ceased to be relevant to me.
View attachment 76754

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
When I briefly had a Lumia 1520 there was no doubt it was a great phone but the lack of apps broke the deal for me. I should check to see if things have gotten any better. They really should make a successor to the 1520.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
When I briefly had a Lumia 1520 there was no doubt it was a great phone but the lack of apps broke the deal for me. I should check to see if things have gotten any better. They really should make a successor to the 1520.

Unfortunately things have not got any better, maybe when Windows 10 comes out.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Depends on what apps you're looking for. I've got Instagram, my banking apps, my insurance app, and that's more the. I had on the BlackBerry. I've even got a transit app that gives me times for the DC Circulator which I NEVER got on Blackberry. So I've got my core apps.

Your needs may be different.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what apps you're looking for. I've got Instagram, my banking apps, my insurance app, and that's more the. I had on the BlackBerry. I've even got a transit app that gives me times for the DC Circulator which I NEVER got on Blackberry. So I've got my core apps.

Your needs may be different.

Part of the problem is that apps that are there are not full featured. The Instagram app is a good example, it's still in beta and you can't upload video. I know there are third party apps but at this stage Windows Phone shouldn't be relying on third party apps to get the job done.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Part of the problem is that apps that are there are not full featured. The Instagram app is a good example, it's still in beta and you can't upload video. I know there are third party apps but at this stage Windows Phone shouldn't be relying on third party apps to get the job done.

Yup you're absolutely right.
I'm possibly more tolerant because I've got other devices. Also because they're really working on bringing native apps.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow do you actually use those 3 phones every day ? I use iphone for my personal phone, galaxy mini 3 for my work phone, and i change to blackberry since i need the hub and keypad, and galaxy mini was too slow, can't stand it. Also i have galnote 8 which i barely use. How can you manage to use all 3 phones at the same time ? Just my curiousity anyway ;)

I use multiple devices every day, too. I set them up to do different things. It's fun for a phone/tablet addict like me to go between devices to do what I need to do!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl