My Take on the iPhone 8+

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I ordered my new black iPhone 8 and 8+ on the first day of preorder and I gave the 8 to my twin brother and kept the 8+ for myself. The device has replaced my iPhone 7 32 as my daily driver.

At first I was skeptical about getting a large phone, but at 61 I find myself wanting as much screen real estate as I can get. Especially for emails and reviewing documents for my business.

So far I feel the upgrade has been well worth the money, the glass back is much more slippery then my all metal iPhone 7, but as always I put a Apple OEM leather case on it and problem solved.

The screen seems to be brighter and sharper then my iPhone 7, but that could also be because of the larger screen. The processor seems to be quicker and the apps seem to open faster then my previous device.

The wireless charging feature is something I haven’t tried as of yet because I am so used to just plugging in my micro connector at the end of the day, but I am going to buy a charging pad and give it a whirl.

IOS 11 runs very smooth on the device and I like the new notification function on the home screen. So far I am very happy with my new toy and feel it’s worth the money and will recommend it to folks who have the financial resources to upgrade.

If you feel your iPhone 7 Plus is doing the job and your budget is tight, I would wait and buy a used 8+ further down the road.

Last but not least, I am still going to buy the iPhone X and I will be up late on 10/27 to make sure I get one when it becomes available for preorder.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Great review. Am a week tomorrow on my 8+ from 7+. Very happy. I gad played with the X numerous times. Not for me. But am glad ppl are liking it for their needs

hodad66

Dec 2, 2017
Visit site
Great review!! For me there was no hesitation as I came from a 5S. The increased size
of the display is a boon to my aging eyes........ ;)

38076387385_9b13e87c5c_c.jpg