My storage is almost full what do I do?

I

iMore Question

How can I transfer photos from my phone to my laptop?

MoboPlay

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Are you using Windows 8/10 or a Mac? Make sure you have iTunes installed on your laptop. iTunes is a must, no matter what computer you are using, Mac or Windows, for your laptop to recognise and connect your phone correctly. And then you can import your photos from your phone to laptop directly by using the system Photos app on your Windows laptop. The Photos app provides you with an option to remove the photos from your phone automatically after they are imported to your computer.
For Windows computer, you can also use MoboPlay, for transferring photos and music.
If you are using a Mac, you can try iTools. I'm not sure if iTunes can help transfer photos but I don't think it's a handy tool for this.

jujusamples

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful answer @moboplay, I was wondering the same thing. Are there other ways to free up space other than transferring photos?

MoboPlay

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
You are very welcome. I usually clear cache before I quit an app. Some apps provide the option to clear cache in the app. To empty Safari's cache, go to Settings - Safari, and tap Clear History and Website Data.
You can also find on the internet many other similar things you can do, like deleting unwanted apps, messages, offline content, downloaded podcasts, and so on.
I just knew a trick to let the system clear cache automatically, but it only works when your available storage is less than 2 GB. Here is how: go to App Store, find an app that is bigger than 2 GB, tap to download it. Then the system will remind you that you can not download the app because you don't have enough storage. Tap OK and the system will start to clear cache automatically. Don't worry if the storage reminder doesn't show up. The system will still clear cache while the app is downloading. After downloading you just need to delete the app. Then you will gain 1 to 3 GB storage. It depends. :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
A few things to try:

• Delete old iMessages
  • If you delete a photo, be sure to check the deleted photos folder
  • Check the Settings>General>Storage settings to see what is using your data.

anon(9644025)

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
try to download a HD film from iTunes on your iPhone, It will force the iphone to start "cleaning" your phone's cache such as cached instagram photos. It will free up around ~100mb-1gb+

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2