My plan with Fido is coming to an end

I

iMore Question

So, my plan with Fido is coming to an end: I'm on a unlimited plan, which includes: the whole Canada is a local zone, unlimited u.s. calling and messaging, visual voice mail package, and 6GB of data. after taxes -it's costing me $105.00. and this is with an iPhone 4.
My wife is on Mobilicity, and has basically the same thing, just not with an iPhone, and she doesn't have the "entire Canada is a local zone" her monthly cost after taxes - $40.00.
So my question : who is best to go with for this type plan if I want to keep using an iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's hard to answer. What type of plan do you 'need'? Do you have to have a plan that includes all of Canada and/or all of the U.S. as a local calling zone? How is wireless coverage in your primary area of use with the available carriers? What is your financial limitation? All of these questions have to be answered by you.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So, my plan with Fido is coming to an end: I'm on a unlimited plan, which includes: the whole Canada is a local zone, unlimited u.s. calling and messaging, visual voice mail package, and 6GB of data. after taxes -it's costing me $105.00. and this is with an iPhone 4.
My wife is on Mobilicity, and has basically the same thing, just not with an iPhone, and she doesn't have the "entire Canada is a local zone" her monthly cost after taxes - $40.00.
So my question : who is best to go with for this type plan if I want to keep using an iPhone?

I would say stay with that plan. Mobilicity is currently for sale and no one knows what their future is going to be like. The only problem is if you upgrade your iPhone with fido you have to get a new 2 year plan and I don't think they offer 6 GB of data on any of their new 2 year plans. Also I've heard of some people that had to get a new plan even when they brought in their own unlocked device including iPhones that were bought at Apple stores unlocked not 100% sure on this though. Just remember mobilicity doesn't have LTE.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a friend who uses Wind and likes it. He has 10GB data for $35 a month and just a regular plan. Your plan sounds heavy but I don't call much so my plan is much smaller. The thing I like about Fido is the Fido dollars which is a perk no other carrier offers that I know. Bell's customer service sucks, Telus reception sucks and Rogers is basically Fido with more expensive plans. Yes I have used them all.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would say stay with that plan. Mobilicity is currently for sale and no one knows what their future is going to be like. The only problem is if you upgrade your iPhone with fido you have to get a new 2 year plan and I don't think they offer 6 GB of data on any of their new 2 year plans. Also I've heard of some people that had to get a new plan even when they brought in their own unlocked device including iPhones that were bought at Apple stores unlocked not 100% sure on this though. Just remember mobilicity doesn't have LTE.

If you buy your phone factory unlocked you don't have to get a new contract. I have done that for over 10 years now and I've never been on contract. Fido will call and offer you services without telling you that getting it opts you in to a plan. They have done that to me before. Otherwise they can't force you to be on contract.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you buy your phone factory unlocked you don't have to get a new contract. I have done that for over 10 years now and I've never been on contract. Fido will call and offer you services without telling you that getting it opts you in to a plan. They have done that to me before. Otherwise they can't force you to be on contract.

I know they shouldn't force you onto a contract with an unlocked phone especially if you are off contract but with these new 2 year plans some carriers are being sneaky.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods