My phone says wrong cable when it is the right cable and it won't charge, Why?

I

iMore Question

phone says wrong cable when it is the right cable and it won't charge, Why

I have an I phone 5s. I am trying to charge with the cable that I bought at the apple store and am getting a message that states that it doesn't support this accessory so it won't charge. The cable works on my wifes identical I phone. We also tried her I phone cable and got the same message. It is the original correct I phone cable. I believe it must be something wrong in the phone. Any help would be appreciated.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: phone says wrong cable when it is the right cable and it won't charge, Why

Sounds like you're going to have to make a trip to the Apple Store.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This is something that will normally happen with reduced price accesories that you buy on eBay. This is the new trick for Apple to move their products and not fakes.
The Apple Store should have by now resolved your issue

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
i used generic one i bought because it was 8 foot long i could migrate my condition im in and out of my bed at night. Well when updating 8,2 constantly said that about my cord. just gave up on it gave it to someone i know using his device on 8.0 and it works and charges fine.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got an iph5s myself, and up until now I always bought electronis accesories on eBay, no longer will I be able to buy them there, because they WILL NOT work with the unit I now own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73