My one gripe about the iPhone(music related)

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
So I had to sync my phone to my old mac as my current pc laptop won't let me open itunes at all and I have a fight to pick with itunes. My ex-gf when we were dating, downloaded a bunch of crap music so she could load up her ipod that I got her that day for her birthday. Anyway I haven't used this computer since then(going back about 2 years), so when I synced my phone to this itunes, it download all of her crappy music onto my phone. I didn't notice it until I went rooting through my music at work.

My gripe is that I wish you were able to manually delete this music off of the phone outside of using itunes. Or if you can, does anybody know of a way to do it? I swear I only checked the music I wanted sync from itunes to my phone however I guess when you check the box for "Sync all music" at the top and then check only the music you want, it will still download the entire library. I must have missed a step.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just swipe the song and it gives me the option to delete.

That does work, but correct me of I'm wrong, if you don't update iTunes to not sync the particular song, it'll sync back to your phone next time you sync.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
your mistake is you dot want to check the box sync all music..

Good point, but don't you need to check that box to gain access to which music you want? Probably is a user error though. I didn't know about the swipe to delete option with the phone, thanks for the tip.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Manually manage music...that's all I've ever done. I have so much music on my macbook that i'll never put on my iPhone or iPad, a lot of which is stuff my wife has downloaded over the years before we had separate iTunes accounts and i just never deleted it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Good point, but don't you need to check that box to gain access to which music you want? Probably is a user error though. I didn't know about the swipe to delete option with the phone, thanks for the tip.

no you dont need to check the sync all music you check the manually manage music

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73