My iPhone X is not turning on after 5 days of use!

neoisap94

Mar 11, 2018
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

I bought and unboxed an iPhone X 6 days ago;

It was working perfectly and absolutely without any problem.

After 4 days of use, and after charging it to 100% I unplugged it answered some textes, locked it and left it upon my desk.

5 minutes later, I picked it up again and what a surprise! the phone is not answering, the screen just got black and absolutely nothing; Siri doesn't answer, plugging it to charge returns nothing and trying a hard reset (Volume Up then Down then hold the side button) does nothing neither!

Does anyone experienced the same thing ? Or do anyone of you have a solution ?!

Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sounds to me like you got a defective iPhone. Apple’s quality control is ridiculously good but there are always some bad units that make it into consumer’s hands. Take it back to where you purchased it, or take it to an Apple Store, and get a new one. No use messing around with a brand new iPhone.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! As others have suggested, taking it to an Apple Store is a good idea. One other thing to try is just holding the power button for a 30-60 seconds. It sounds like that may not work, but it’s something to try before going to the Apple Store.

anon(5630457)

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Take it to where you purchased it and exchange it for a different one. Most places have a 14 day exchange/return period. Be sure to bring your receipt!

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Take it to where you purchased it and exchange it for a different one. Most places have a 14 day exchange/return period. Be sure to bring your receipt!

Exchange/return period should not be a problem here even after 14 days, as the product appears to be faulty. :)