My iPhone X displays contacts in my Gmail account, not iCloud.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Dear Experts

The last time I used iphone when it was 4S, then I moved to Android

Recently I moved from Android to iOS (iphoneX)

On Android all my contacts were saved to my gmail account

On iOS I am using the same gmail ID as my apple ID and icloude ID

How can I use contacts only from my gmail account that I had used it on Android not icloude ?????

Recently phone is showing contacts not exist on my gmail contacts !!!and when I save some new contacts they won't be saved to my gmail account !!!

I guess I am doing something wrong

On my iphone X I tried below :

Settings --> Account and Passwords --> Gmail logged in
Settings --> Contacts --> I have not option to choose which one I need to choose !!!!

Thanks

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Thx Tartarus
I have no issue to setup gmail account and therefore when I setup my now iphonex contacts initially got downloaded from the gmail server.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Thx Ledsteplin
I want to delete the old contacts that they were in my icloude since 2008.
Then I need to download contacts from my gamil server to the iphone X which I had already done it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I used this app to clean up my contacts between iCloud and google. It works well for me.

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Appshttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333?mt=8

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thx Ledsteplin
I want to delete the old contacts that they were in my icloude since 2008.
Then I need to download contacts from my gamil server to the iphone X which I had already done it.

Do you want those contacts as Gmail or iCloud? You can have them either way. Shouldn't cost anything to do it. I switched my Gmail contacts over to iCloud. Works better that way on iOS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I used this app to clean up my contacts between iCloud and google. It works well for me.

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Appshttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/contacts-sync-for-google-gmail/id454390333?mt=8

So on your iPhone in contacts, are they Gmail or iCloud? Or both? I had some that were both, but it seemed to cause issues. I finally got it where they were all only iCloud contacts.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
So on your iPhone in contacts, are they Gmail or iCloud? Or both? I had some that were both, but it seemed to cause issues. I finally got it where they were all only iCloud contacts.

I only have the iCloud contacts turned on in settings on my iPhone. I did it wrong the first time and left both on. Boy was that a mess on both ends. I didn’t read the app instructions and ended up with duplicates everywhere. Lol. The app does say to turn gmail contacts off on your iPhone to prevent that. Worked great after I did that. If I add a contact on my iPhone it will show up in gmail after syncing and if I add one in gmail it shows up on my phone after syncing.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
Do you want those contacts as Gmail or iCloud? You can have them either way. Shouldn't cost anything to do it.
Moving from Android to iOS I need to have them as Gmail first ? right ?

when I satisfy everything in place I can switch to iCloude ?

I switched my Gmail contacts over to iCloud. Works better that way on iOS.
No problem I will do after I do the above

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Moving from Android to iOS I need to have them as Gmail first ? right ?

when I satisfy everything in place I can switch to iCloude ?

No problem I will do after I do the above

If you never plan on using gmail for contacts again then you can just move them over to iCloud and use that going forward. I use both and much prefer google services over any of the Apple services. The app I suggested does that for me. It will also help you move your contacts to iCloud and if you never want to sync them again, i believe it is free. I’d have to confirm that though. I’m thinking you pay for the sync feature but I could be wrong. It’s been a while.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
If you never plan on using gmail for contacts again then you can just move them over to iCloud and use that going forward.
I would like to keep gmail

I use both and much prefer google services over any of the Apple services.
Have you noticed that app has Google contacts and Gmail contacts!!!! , and they are same as confirmed by google forum

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I would like to keep gmail

Ok. Then you will want to sync.

Have you noticed that app has Google contacts and Gmail contacts!!!! , and they are same as confirmed by google forum

Im sorry, I’m not sure what “that app” is that you are referring. If you open gmail on your computer you will find a pull down to see contacts. I’m assuming that’s what you mean by Gmail contacts. Those are same as the Contacts that would sync to your phone from gmail or the same that would appear in contacts on an android phone by default. Google has your contacts in one location. I think I’m misunderstanding your point on this one. Sorry.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

I have also used this and it works great.

And I also have no issues paying for an app if it's something that works and that I use constantly.

zillah2004

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I’m not sure what “that app” is that you are referring.
Sorry for the confusion I meant to say this app which is :

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Apps

Have you noticed that app has Google contacts and Gmail contacts
Please see snapshot below :
https://imgur.com/a/uMxf5

and they are same as confirmed by google forum
I was referring to this
"Google Contacts versus Gmail Contacts?" in the link below
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/dvso6d_83PE/umXVRCpz3e4J

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the confusion I meant to say this app which is :

Contacts Sync for Google Gmail by Playa Apps

Please see snapshot below :
https://imgur.com/a/uMxf5

I was referring to this
"Google Contacts versus Gmail Contacts?" in the link below
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/gmail/dvso6d_83PE/umXVRCpz3e4J

I don’t know if it matters but that post from google was from 2011. Might still be relevant, but I don’t know. I have only ever known one Google/Gmail contacts.

Here is what my sync screen looks like if it helps.

badf6fef775a1305da2dea925742b4d3.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy