My iPhone is trying to send an iMessage to my son who no longer has an iPhone. Please help.

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
My son went from an iphone to a samsung. When I text him it is trying to go through as an IMessage and won't send. Any suggestions ? They go through as blue but he isn't getting them. I can turn IMessage off and he gets them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Texting problem

My son went from an iphone to a samsung. When I text him it is trying to go through as an IMessage and won't send. Any suggestions ? They go through as blue but he isn't getting them. I can turn IMessage off and he gets them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to disable iMessage on his Apple account. You can do this online or by calling Apple. You also need to remove his account from the iPhone. You should see it clear up within 24 hours if everything goes well

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Also, hold down on the message you sent and go with "Send As Text Message." Your phone will recognize that he's not on iMessage after that.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
I just read that Apple is being sued for iMessage and it might be a class action suit.

As mentioned above, turn of iMessage before switching phones is the best solution... assuming you still have the phone.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just read that Apple is being sued for iMessage and it might be a class action suit.

As mentioned above, turn of iMessage before switching phones is the best solution... assuming you still have the phone.

It doesnt always work. They need to fix this.

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You can also deregister the iPhone in your iTunes Acct online. If he still has the phone he should turn off iMessage under wifi, logout of iTunes too and delete his iCloud Acct.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen