My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Imagine if they came out with another color! It would probably be a metallic color, so what if they did copper? I think that would look sick, and possibly more gold looking than the actual "gold" color.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this time around they'll hit us with some crazy battery life so we stop complaining about it for once :').

Why complain? How often do you upgrade to a new phone? Each year? Every 2 years? A battery will last at least 2 years under moderate to heavy use. The only concern would be if you plan to use the phone more than 2 years. But even then only under heavy use. All the obsession with battery is ridiculous IMO.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Why complain? How often do you upgrade to a new phone? Each year? Every 2 years? A battery will last at least 2 years under moderate to heavy use. The only concern would be if you plan to use the phone more than 2 years. But even then only under heavy use. All the obsession with battery is ridiculous IMO.

I'm not too much of a complainer usually, I mean the people buying phones in general. I think people were unsatisfied with the 6 mostly because of the battery? If I were to have major complaints I would just buy an extra battery pack.
But I don't get to upgrade my phone as often as I would like, I think it's usually every two years, but I've definitely had phones for longer. I use a lot of gaming apps so battery never seems to last very long with me, especially after it's damaged. I would definitely like to see a better battery though!

heyitsianj

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

iPhone 7

Design: Same design with iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus but no antenna bands and no camera bump

Display: 4.7'' 720p Retina HD with Advanced 3D Touch (Apple will stick to this resolution for the non-plus model but will introduce a screen technology ala Triluminos Display and X-Reality Engine of Sony Xperia or ClearBlack Display of Lumia phones) or a bump to 1080p Retina HD with Advanced 3D Touch

Processor: Apple A10 chip with M10 co processor embedded, 2GB RAM

Storage: 32gb (hopefully no more 16gb), 64gb and 128gb

Software: iOS 10

Rear Camera: 12MP or 13MP or even 16MP iSight camera with True Tone Flash, f2.0 or f1.9 (Apple can even go as low as f1.8) lens, Live Photos, Focus Pixels 2.0, a new camera technology ala Deep Trench Isolation for better low light performance, noise reduction and improved tone mapping

Front Camera: 5MP iSight camera, f2.0 lens, Retina Flash, wide-angle lens for wider selfies?

Battery: Battery capacity prediction ranges from 1830, 1845, 1860, 1890, 1920, 1945, 1965 mAh or even higher), true wireless charging or Apple will finally adapt fast charging.

Miscellaneous: Waterproofing? (Or at least slash proofing like the Apple Watch), no headphone jack in exchange of dual speakers, wireless earpods?

iPhone 7 Plus

Design: Same design with iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus but no antenna bands and no camera bump

Display: 5.5'' or lower like 5.2'' (to improve one handed use) 1080p Retina HD with Advanced 3D Touch (Apple will stick to Full HD for the Plus model but will introduce a screen technology ala Triluminos Display and X-Reality Engine of Sony Xperia or ClearBlack Display of Lumia phones). A jump to Quad HD is unlikely but can still happen. Apple can do anything they want!

Processor: Apple A10 chip with M10 co processor embedded, 2GB RAM

Storage: 32gb (hopefully no more 16gb), 64gb and 128gb

Software: iOS 10

Rear Camera: 12MP or 13MP or even 16MP iSight camera with OIS and True Tone Flash, f2.0 or f1.9 (Apple can even go as low as f1.8) lens, Live Photos, Focus Pixels 2.0, a new camera technology ala Deep Trench Isolation for better low light performance, noise reduction and improved tone mapping

Another Rear Camera Prediction: a dual camera setup like the LG G5 (I hope this is not limited to the Plus model)

Front Camera: 5MP iSight camera, f2.0 or f1.9 lens, Retina Flash, wide-angle lens for wider selfies?

Battery: Battery capacity prediction ranges from 2750, 2800, 2845, 2890, 2915, 2945, 2960, 3000 mAh true wireless charging or Apple will finally adapt fast charging.

Miscellaneous: Waterproofing? (Or at least slash proofing like the Apple Watch), no headphone jack in exchange of dual speakers, wireless earpods?

iOS 10 Predictions

1. Same flat design (A major redesign is too early plus the flat design still looks good)
2. Customizable Control Center
3. Dark Mode
4. Apple Pencil support (HOPEFULLY)
5. Split-screen multitasking like from iPad (HOPEFULLY)
6. Set default third party apps
7. Guest Mode
8. Deeper app linking
9. Proactive Siri improvements
10. Option to manually clear App caches for all apps

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm thinking given what I've heard the iPhone 7 will be thinner :( and will not have the audio jack. Not to beat a dead horse, but that rumor was one motivation I had to get the SE. There were other factors of course, but unlike prior years, I'm not as excited about the 7. I'm sure once they roll it out, I'll be wanting one (but my wife will kill me).

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I admit, I'm new to the Apple world with the 6s being my own personal first iPhone (my wife has had them since the 4) so my wishes could all easily be pipe dreams.

I'm hoping for USB-C. One cable for iPhone, iPad, and MacBook.
Front facing speakers
I would love to see the bezels get shrunk
While I don't think it is ready yet, I'd like to see the fingerprint reader incorporated into the screen.

There are reports that the home button will be flesh and on the main screen with the front of the device and the back, being flush.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I hope Apple doesn't make too much of a departure. I don't like the quality of Bluetooth headsets in general. Though I do use a DAC with my own expensive headsets for serious listening anyway, so I really don't have a fish in the water of this race, as long as they keep the Lightning port.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
- Edge display. The sides of the phone will covered with long narrow displays so you can keep up to date with news and notifications even when looking at the side of your phone. The rear cover will also have a display so the phone can be used from any direction.

- Highly directional speakers will allow for personal listening without headphones. No more headphone socket.

- Integrated selfie stick.

- Solar panels on rear cover - just leave your phone in the sun for a recharge. Works better with the black models than the white.

- 3D display. Apple has been teasing us with the "flat" look in recent versions of iOS, but with the 7 they will go full 3D. You will need to wear 3D glasses but these will come in various hipster styles.

- Faster processor.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still amazed at how far and how fast the iPhone and smartphone industry as a whole has advanced in just a few years. I always tell myself I'm not upgrading this year, my phone is perfect...I really need to stop lying to myself
I predict the iPhone 7/7 Plus/7 Plus Pro will grab my attention again and I will buy it. LOL

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm still amazed at how far and how fast the iPhone and smartphone industry as a whole has advanced in just a few years. I always tell myself I'm not upgrading this year, my phone is perfect...I really need to stop lying to myself
I predict the iPhone 7/7 Plus/7 Plus Pro will grab my attention again and I will buy it. LOL

That's the same thing I tell myself...it's never come to fruition

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I think iPhone 7 will look like the rumors, same as 6 series, and "iPhone & iPhone Pro" will launch in June 2017. June 29, 2007 is when the 1st iPhone was launched and explain the rumors of a drastic change in 2017 and not much of change in 2016. Also the iPhone SE might have started a June launch cycle. The iPhone to launch w/ A10 chip and iPhone Pro to launch w/A10x chip.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think iPhone 7 will look like the rumors, same as 6 series, and "iPhone & iPhone Pro" will launch in June 2017. June 29, 2007 is when the 1st iPhone was launched and explain the rumors of a drastic change in 2017 and not much of change in 2016. Also the iPhone SE might have started a June launch cycle. The iPhone to launch w/ A10 chip and iPhone Pro to launch w/A10x chip.

Interesting. What makes you think they'll launch the 2017 model in June?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The first iPhone was launched in June.

Yes, but the last five have been in September/October, with the exception of the SE. Personally, I can't see them releasing a new flagship device less than 12 months after the previous model. We shall see!

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site

A June launch cycle would make sense as the 7 is looking to be the most disappointing launch in the history of the iPhone. I can tell you i have spoken to many people and if these 7 rumors are true, none of us are upgrading from our 6s's. This coming from a set of users who have purchased every single new iPhone within a week if it's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised, again, if the 7 rumors are true, to see Apple release the 8 even earlier than Sept.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
A June launch cycle would make sense as the 7 is looking to be the most disappointing launch in the history of the iPhone. I can tell you i have spoken to many people and if these 7 rumors are true, none of us are upgrading from our 6s's. This coming from a set of users who have purchased every single new iPhone within a week if it's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised, again, if the 7 rumors are true, to see Apple release the 8 even earlier than Sept.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

You bring up a very good point. It's going to come down to what Apple does with the iPhone 7. The problem with going less than 12 months between refresh cycles is that there are a lot of people who will buy the iPhone 7 regardless of the specs and features. Many of those people purchase through their carriers or through Apple and are either signing a contract or setting up a payment plan that only allows annual upgrades. These people won't be able to get the iPhone "8" at launch of they choose to release it in June.
To Apple, even a "disappointing" launch is still millions of devices. From a marketing standpoint, I don't see Apple doing this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen