My iPhone 7 and 7 Plus predictions

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's what I'm predicting for the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:

7: 1920 by 1080 5.1" Retina HD display with 3D Touch, waterproof design, A10 and M10 processors, either 2GB of ram or higher, better camera, FaceTime HD 1080p or even 4K recording, new feature that 6s doesn't have.

7+: QHD or 4K (UHD) 5.7" or 6" Retina HD display with 3D Touch, waterproof design, A10 and M10, 2GB or higher ram, better camera with OIS, FaceTime HD 1080p or 4K recording with OIS, new feature that 6s+ doesn't have.

What features do you all think the next iPhones will have?

FalconLorenzo

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by iwoodland View Post
I'd like true wireless charging. I'm not interested in the waterproofing.

I think, naturally, that wireless charging will lead to more water resistance. You'll still have the headphone port, but look at Watch. It has inductive charging and is water proof, to a certain extent. Inductive charging eliminates the one major physical hole in the device.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
I admit, I'm new to the Apple world with the 6s being my own personal first iPhone (my wife has had them since the 4) so my wishes could all easily be pipe dreams.

I'm hoping for USB-C. One cable for iPhone, iPad, and MacBook.
Front facing speakers
I would love to see the bezels get shrunk
While I don't think it is ready yet, I'd like to see the fingerprint reader incorporated into the screen.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Just out of curiosity…how would you get both smaller bezels and front-facing speakers?

I believe they have some room to work with in the bezels. When you compare the usable screen size to the size of the phone, Apple is pretty far down the list. For comparison sake, the 6S has a screen to body ratio of 65.71%. Compare that to the Moto X Style which has front facing speakers and a screen to body ratio of 76.36%.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe they have some room to work with in the bezels. When you compare the usable screen size to the size of the phone, Apple is pretty far down the list. For comparison sake, the 6S has a screen to body ratio of 65.71%. Compare that to the Moto X Style which has front facing speakers and a screen to body ratio of 76.36%.

Front facing speakers require grates in the front of the phone. Would kill the aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Muessig

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I would like to see something new from the iPhone 7 - something of a game changer that would shake the whole mobile industry up like the release of the original iPhone did. As to what that feature would be I don't know. I'm not sure waterproofing would appeal to everyone, but I think they could continue to push the envelope with their 3D touch and see where that leads them.

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I would like to see something new from the iPhone 7 - something of a game changer that would shake the whole mobile industry up like the release of the original iPhone did. As to what that feature would be I don't know. I'm not sure waterproofing would appeal to everyone, but I think they could continue to push the envelope with their 3D touch and see where that leads them.

Realistically, I don't think that any phone release will ever be like the original iPhone. The iPhone literally changed the definition of the word "phone". At this point, all I realistically expect is incremental improvements over previous models. I have trouble thinking of much more that I would expect my phone to do so not having to plug it in to charge it tops my wishlist.

I hope I'm wrong.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I expect them to actually go wireless completely. Wireless charging and wireless airbuds. No more wires please!

To make a new revolution like the first Iphone was will be impossible.

unashamedgeek

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Front facing speakers require grates in the front of the phone. Would kill the aesthetics.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Maybe, but if you take a look at how the Surface Pro integrated their speakers, they're barely noticeable. They sort of look like the ear piece speaker the iPhone uses currently at the top of the phone.

NoOne ButMyself

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
If you have true wireless charging, you'll have waterproofing. Sealed case.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
Whut. *looks at 920, and 1020 and 1520*. Nope, that is false.

That being said, the 6s/6s+ do seem to have some water resistance. That being made more or a kind of "splash guard" or some wording from Apple wouldn't shock me. As for the phones...

7m- 4.3", "750p" display, A10, 2GB LPDDR4X RAM, 16GB base storage. Same physical size as 5
7- 5" 960x1704 display, A10, 2GB LPDDR4x RAM, 32GB base storage. Same physical size as 6
7+: 5.7" 1280x2272 display, 2GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB base storage. Same physical size as 6+

600, 700, 800 starting prices respectively.
All with lens+sensor combo the 6s+ has currently, all with force touch.
The physical size should not change at all, or expand a little bit to get these screen sizes in. Based on various phones I have including 2x4", 3x4.5", 2x4.7", 5", 2x5.5" and 2x6". (including, but not limited to L520, iPhone 5s, Lumia 920, Lumia 1020, Moto G 1st gen, Fire Phone, iPhone 6s, Moto G 2nd gen, iPhone Six Plus, LG G Flex 2, L1520 and LG G flex)

The A10 will not have an integrated modem, for those listening to the absurd rumors that the A10 SoC could have an integrated Intel modem. My lips are otherwised sealed on it.

I hope for wireless charging, but, it really is a "nice feature" and not a "must have feature". Much like I've found Force Touch to be moving between the Six Plus and the Six s. Given how conservative Apple is with the majority of their hardware I don't expect to see it in the phones.

The 7m stands for 7 mini, I cannot think of a better name, and, Apple wouldn't ever say what the m is for anyways. :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm personally going to ENJOY my iPhone 6s Plus for about 8 months before I start worrying about the iPhone 7 Plus....Thats just ME

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What about the iPhone 100?
a9b9fda32040d7fb69318cef9a3f441b.jpg

RicanMedic78

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No home button, Touch ID in the force touch screen, ip rated waterproof, beefy battery 3000mah min, more hidden nfc lines, dual speakers at both ends, top n bottom sides, 3 go ram, ois for the smaller 4.7in model, and reintroduction of the 4iner into the lineup with the 4.7 and 5.5.