My iPhone 6S 128GB model is MKQT2ZP/A should I be concerned?

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Today I bought an iPhone 6S 128GB Space Gray color. I told the guy at the store to put a tempered glass screen protector on it so he opened it and fitted the screen protector. Just as I was walking out of the shop, I met a guy who told me that this model MKQT2ZP/A is the Hong Kong version and I should have bought the chinese version as the Hong Kong version is slower.

Now I am new to iPhones and felt pretty annoyed that he said that and since I opened it already and had them put a screen protector on it I couldn't tell them to take it back.

I didn't do my research as I didn't know iPhone had different model numbers, all I knew that the local ones sold here in Dubai have no Face Time in them since Face Time is banned in Dubai and the ones that are imported internationally have facetime so I bought the latter.

Should I be concerned about this Hong King model number? is it inferior in terms of speed or battery life or is this random guy I met a muppet?

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
TSMC and Samsung.
One has a tad longer battery life and the other one works a tad better under heavy load.
Nothing significant, IMHO.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to be concerned with. The whole Samsung vs. TSMC debacle has been overblown. You wouldn't notice a difference.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So what is the model I bought (MKQT2ZP/A) anyway? Samsung or TSMC?

1. Download this from App Store: Battery Memory System Status Monitor by Cactos App
https://appsto.re/us/pTERD.i
2. Open the app and tap on the System tab
7b503ca141fc78d6926112974b09fc79.jpg

3. Under the Device section, look for the model number
c6299f716c67958382eb2a99ee6866fa.jpg

4. N71mAP and N66mAP are TSMC chips, N71AP and N66AP are Samsung. I'm not sure how the model number you provided ties into this, if at all.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
But guys, this is interesting, let's say a friend of mine tells me he wants to buy an iPhone 6S, how can he find out which chip that iPhone has before opening it? Is there a way to find this out from the model number that's on the box?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But guys, this is interesting, let's say a friend of mine tells me he wants to buy an iPhone 6S, how can he find out which chip that iPhone has before opening it? Is there a way to find this out from the model number that's on the box?

Not that I know of. The model numbers don't designate what kind of processor is in the device.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Forget about all that stuff. I haven't checked mine and don't care to either. My iPhone 6s 128gb is great and that is that.

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Forget about all that stuff. I haven't checked mine and don't care to either. My iPhone 6s 128gb is great and that is that.
Strangely enough, I just checked my wife's iPhone 6S PLUS which was bought from the same store (she got the Rose Gold while I got the smaller 6S 128GB Space Gray), is using the Samsung chip. Very strange there is no way to tell from the outside, it's like the luck of the draw. Either you win or.... you win :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro