My iPhone 6 disconnects from wifi a few seconds after I connect to the wifi, how can I stop this?

I

iMore Question

My iPhone 6 disconnects from wifi a few seconds after I connect to the wifi

My iPhone 6 works fine on any other wifi except my home wifi. When it connects, I can immediately refresh or browse and it's working just fine but four or five seconds later, it's completely disconnected. The wifi sign on the top is still there but there's no internet reception whatsoever. Other devices at home such as other phones and laptops are working perfectly with my home wifi. I cannot locate where the problem is to try to fix it. I mean the phone is working well with any other wifi outside my house and all other devices at home are working well with my home wifi except my iPhone 6. Please help because it's costing me a lot of money to keep using 3G. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My iPhone 6 disconnects from wifi a few seconds after I connect to the wifi

Do the basics:

1. Reboot the Wi-Fi router, the cable/DSL modem and your iPhone 6.
2. When the aforementioned devices are working as they should, try to connect to your Wi-Fi -network. If successful, great. If not, continue reading.
3. On your iPhone, Settings - Wi-Fi, and then tap on the circled i and then select "Forget This Network". Afterwards, reboot your iPhone.
4. Try to connect to your Wi-fi network. Enter the passcode, if applicable.
5. If successful, great, if not, read on.
6. Go to Settings - General - Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings".

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods