My iPhone 5 is having random restart issues. Can you help me fix it?

Feliz Navidad1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyboy,i hope someone can help me.
So i have an iphone 5 and before two days i update it to 8.0.2.Since then my iphone restarts itself every 2-3 minutes.I did everything to fix it (restore,restore from back up,restore in dfu mode,changed the battery etc) Please can anyone tell me what to do?Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
re:

What you didn't state above is that you restored your device and set it up as new. Having said that, I recommend you do the following in order.

1. Go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Reset All Settings". Afterwards, use your device like you normally would and see if it has random restarts. If not, assume the problem is fixed. If the random restarts began again, go to step 2.

2. Go to Settings - General -Reset and then select "Reset All Network Settings". Having a low wireless signal can cause reboots. If you are experiencing low wireless signals, contact your wireless carrier to see if they can troubleshoot from their end. If you have excellent wireless coverage/signal, go to step 3.

3. You stated that you "changed the battery". Did you replace it with a new battery or one from a broken iPhone 5? Are you certain you replaced it correctly as well as put the device back together correctly? If you're unsure, retrace your steps. If you are sure, go to step 4.

4. Put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, and when iTunes detects that it is in recovery, select to restore and update. When the process is complete, do NOT restore from a backup. Set it up as new. This should be all that is needed to fix the problem, however, if the random reboots continue, go to step 5.

5. Make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Whenever I had ANY issues from an update, I would download a fresh copy of iOS and restore in that manner. That always seemed to fix the issue at hand.

I would also perform several hard resets prior to installing 3rd party apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2