My iPhone 3G is real glitchy, Apple didn't care to replace it.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone 3G is really glitchy. Sometimes when I'm on sites I have to click on a link for a good 30 times till it responds. My phone freezes sometimes. I heard the new 2.0 software is real buggy, but I thought the whole not being able click links was pretty bad. So I took my phone to the Apple store and they wouldn't replace my iPhone.

What would you guys do? I'm thinking about downgrading to the 8GB so I can get a silicone case and a few accessories and just wait for the new OS to come out. So it's not so bad. I really want to remain loyal to Apple as a customer. But this whole not replacing customers phones because "software issues" is that biggest piece of crap I have ever heard. Every store who sells gadgets, that I have been to replaces your item if the software/hardware is in warranty and it is messed up.

Also, what do you guys think about paying $30 for something that doesn't work?

I think it's really unfair. The iPhone 3G's data with the new 2.0 software is $30 and it's really glitchy and doesn't work all that great. On the other hand, the first generation iPhone's 1.1.4 software was flawless and the data was $20.

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I guess I have more luck than you. I've run into the occasional sluggishness with the contacts and a few app crashes but that's about it. Have you tried a restore? And not from a backup file... And what did the people at Apple tell you?

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I guess I have more luck than you. I've run into the occasional sluggishness with the contacts and a few app crashes but that's about it. Have you tried a restore? And not from a backup file... And what did the people at Apple tell you?

Wow! I wish my iPhone was in that condition. Would you like to trade :p I'm just kidding. :D

I did 4 restores at home, didn't back my info back onto the phone. Apple did a restore in the store. They were pretty unhelpful. They kept saying things like: well the iPhone isn't perfect! Also they said for me to just wait for the new software to come out it'll fix the bugs. So after Apple did a restore they told me to go on the internet and to try clicking on some links.They saw that it was still unresponsive. And they did nothing.

... I'm starting to think that the phone isn't the only thing that's unresponsive.... haha.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
hmmm... you may want to try calling Apple care... they may help you out. Just be honest and tell them you went into a Apple store and the employees where really not that helpful. I'd put money on it that they will help you out. Whether it is swapping your phone out or making a note in your account for a Apple store to swap the phone out. They've done that before for me so I know it is possible. Keep me updated.

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Thanks. I will definitely try that tomorrow. I'm going to try to exchange my phone at a different store. The one that I went to today had a lot of stuck up employees. I'll keep you up to date on how everything went. :)

iLoveiPhones

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
hmmm... you may want to try calling Apple care... they may help you out. Just be honest and tell them you went into a Apple store and the employees where really not that helpful. I'd put money on it that they will help you out. Whether it is swapping your phone out or making a note in your account for a Apple store to swap the phone out. They've done that before for me so I know it is possible. Keep me updated.

Hi Bad Ash,
Good news, I was able to get it replaced =) It took a little while though but it was worth it! It's not as glitchy as my first one.

I was thinking, do you happen to know if you click a link on the iPhone and it's unresponsive. Is it the web developers fault or do you think it's 2.0? The employees at the Apple store said it was the web developers fault. That they need to rewrite the coding. Do you think it's 2.0, the web developers, or both?

josh5308

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I was experiencing glitches with my iPhone and the apple store refused to give me a replacement so I called apple care and they told me it would be 29dollars to get a new iPhone sent overnight I told them this was outrageous because I already payed 500 for my fone they waved the 30 dollar fee and I received a brand new iphone overnight and I sent back my old one

dhp1080

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
In response to iLoveiPhones: You got your iPhone for free. Stop complaining.
All in all, the iPhone 2.0 software is the cause of all of these quirks. When 2.1 rolls out we should have an answer to these problems.

I would venture to say that the iPhone 3G hardware won't be the cause of any major problems. Even the original iPhone hardware was pretty much fine.

Sinistar

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'd say it's 2.0 not hardware. I just exchanged my white for a black(always liked black devices and none avail at launch) and the first app I tried crashed, but did fine since. Mostly it's the randon web browser crashes and app crashes that bother me but not enough to leave the iPhone. I'm sure 2.1, 2.0.1 or whatever should fix most of the problems.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods