My iPad has crashed with the new iOS7.0.3 update

I

iMore Question

Just downloaded the iOS7.0.3 update and now can't get the iPad to turn on. All I get is a brief screen with an iTunes logo and the picture of a cable connecting to it. I'm at work, without any cable. How do I get back to my apps? Any ideas?

dtimms

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Now it wants to restore to factory settings. That's a disaster. Any way around it that you know of? Thanks for your help!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Go ahead and restore as new to factory settings. I am sure you backed it up first and it won't hurt anything. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain if it works.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Now it wants to restore to factory settings. That's a disaster. Any way around it that you know of? Thanks for your help!
Not really a disaster if you set up iCloud back-ups and/or iTunes wifi sync... between the two of them, you can restore from the last back-up and sync to iTunes and be pretty close to right back where you were at the last available back-up & sync.

cdsabato

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I can't keep my IPhone 5 charged. It seems as if I get a 97% charge and then battery starts to de-charge if I leave it plugged in to complete the charge. It takes a day to recharge and cannot use a car charger at all. Any suggestions? I've used different charging cords and adaptors

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I can't keep my IPhone 5 charged. It seems as if I get a 97% charge and then battery starts to de-charge if I leave it plugged in to complete the charge. It takes a day to recharge and cannot use a car charger at all. Any suggestions? I've used different charging cords and adaptors

Use just apple chargers .. Also when it gets to 97 unplug it and do a hard reset hood home and power when it reboots it will prob show 100

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

If you have been backing up the iPad whether through iCloud or manually with iTunes then after the restore you will have an option to restore from the last backup. If you haven't been backing up which I know there are many people who don't then it's going to be more difficult and you will probably lost stuff. Try holding down the home button and the power button until the screen goes blank. Then hold the power button until it turns back on and see if it will boot normally. Sometimes for whatever reason the device might end up in DFU mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73