My iPad 3 is stuck on the  logo screen. How can I get it to load to the home screen again?

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My iPad 3 which is relegated to virtual lessons and reference during my percussionist’s practice is only displaying the apple. I can’t hard reset, I plug it in the same... WITW!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: iPad only has apple on screen

My iPad 3 which is relegated to virtual lessons and reference during my percussionist’s practice is only displaying the apple. I can’t hard reset, I plug it in the same... WITW!

I am sorry to hear that, you have just prompted me to check mine,and apart from one or two apps that no longer work it is fine. There was an update a few months ago to 9:3:6, I don’t know if you did it, it took me many goes to make it happen. Have you tried turning it off, letting it rest while plugged in and then turning it on again ? Of course your battery may be done, but keep trying.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPad only has apple on screen

I am sorry to hear that, you have just prompted me to check mine,and apart from one or two apps that no longer work it is fine. There was an update a few months ago to 9:3:6, I don’t know if you did it, it took me many goes to make it happen. Have you tried turning it off, letting it rest while plugged in and then turning it on again ? Of course your battery may be done, but keep trying.

I didn’t! I try turning it off but i get the apple! 🤦🏽*♀️ I tell the kids we have to turn it on in the am for lessons to check the battery and if it’s low charge it. If not then turn it off so if it’s not in use it’s turned off. I’m thinking a battery wouldn’t be worth it. I was looking at getting another one but I have an XR and the screens have gotten bigger over the years so I’d just stick to my phone. But I hate not to get *any* use of of it so I might change the battery. I’d have to price compare even getting an Air first Gen even. It would still be a major step up!

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you turning it right off ? (hold down sleep button and then slide on screen slider to off If I remember correctly.). then leave it plugged in for a few hours and turn it on again. Use the most powerful charger and the newest cable you have.
I think the Apple symbol only shows when the device is trying to open.
PS I do not think you can change the battery on iPads.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you turning it right off ? (hold down sleep button and then slide on screen slider to off If I remember correctly.). then leave it plugged in for a few hours and turn it on again. Use the most powerful charger and the newest cable you have.
I think the Apple symbol only shows when the device is trying to open.
PS I do not think you can change the battery on iPads.

I don’t even get the option to turn off just the apple. Right I remember when it powers up there’s the apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods