My icon shadowing nightmare

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
All right...one last ditch effort. I dug around in the Pandora.app file today and ran across these two images: NoticeBackground.png and NoticeBackground@2x.png (see attachments). It seems unlikely that they are what you're after, but I thought it was worth mentioning as at least the shape/color seemed promising. I wonder what would happen if you tried deleting them?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
All right...one last ditch effort. I dug around in the Pandora.app file today and ran across these two images: NoticeBackground.png and NoticeBackground@2x.png (see attachments). It seems unlikely that they are what you're after, but I thought it was worth mentioning as at least the shape/color seemed promising. I wonder what would happen if you tried deleting them?

ha! i was one step ahead of you.. looked into this very same thing last night. did not work :mad:

after visiting with Thomas Thrane, CarbonX Dev, it sounds like good things to come in his upcoming release. he submitted it this weekend and anticipates it to be released in about a week

here is some of our conversation thus far, regarding the new version soon to be released

Well to theme the calculator, I?ve made 103 graphics!
Then there are 289 app icons, a bunch of files to make the shades, gradients, badges, backgrounds, folders, shadows, etc.

My next plan is an iPad theme, when the new iPad is out.
And smaller *themes for the iPhone (and cheaper). This theme has taken me about 120 hours to make?

D.Oudekerk

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Awnser

Extualy is very simpell to solve.

I did it in the ipod 4 v 5.1.1

Just make sure this is in the theme

Your theme\Bundles\com.apple.mobileicons.framework\
and you have to put 2 text files in there and rename them to
AppIconShadow@2x~iphone.png and
AppIconMask@2x~iphone.png

Now when your choose your theme your ipod wil not reconize these files as .png so it wil not use them when you have this on but u can set it off from your winter board by unselecting it.

so when your theme is off your icons will be normal

And if your theme is on and u have still some icons that are not themed just theme them u can easely theme them your self bij addind a map into the bundle map in your them with the icon (maps name must be the name that u find in the info.plis of the app under identifier)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
wow! talk about a blast from the past. but honestly i do not think i'll ever know if the recently mentioned method will work since i do not mess with themes anymore

one thing is for sure though. this once again shows how helpful members are around here, especially Massie. he has always been a good source of info and the guy will help troubleshoot until the end. which is another reason why he's got my vote for the next iMore Member of the Month

Thanks Massie!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ha, love a good zombie thread!

It's really true that iMore has the most helpful members out there (and I've been on a lot of iOS forums--in a lot of them it seems like many posts never even get answered at all). I don't really mess with theming much myself when it comes to the springboard--too many variables with all the different icons--so I limit myself to the lockscreen, the statusbar, and the layout of my springboard. Here's my current setup:

nobdK.jpg

Tweaks are: Infinidock and Cascade for the dock, Springtomize2 for icon sizing/extra rows, Winterboard for Mail icon.

I will say that some of the options in Springtomize2 are nice if you want to apply some global theming to your icons: grayscale or sepia tone, for example. Much easier to implement than trying to keep up with everything individually. Anyway, I'm sure this thread will help someone, somewhere, at some time!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4