My husband received a notice on his phone that MY iPad is accessing websites!

I

iMore Question

How is it possible that his phone is getting a notice that I am accessing a website??? I have MY phone (messages) turned to MY phone number only as checked.

I've searched many places, but can find a setting that will allow ALL my information and FUTURE information private. HELP!?

Thank you!

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: My husband received a notice on his phone that MY iPad is accessing XXXX.com website!

You’re probably both using the same Apple ID.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: My husband received a notice on his phone that MY iPad is accessing XXXX.com website!

You’re probably both using the same Apple ID.

This.

You should each have your own Apple ID. Apple has made it so there is no reason to share. You can share an App Store ID so you don't need to download any apps, etc.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The MDM suggestion seems a little more likely. I'm not aware of the ability to get notifications on websites viewed simply based on the Apple ID being shared across device. At most, you can see what websites are on other devices through Safari. But getting a notification seems a little different.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The MDM suggestion seems a little more likely. I'm not aware of the ability to get notifications on websites viewed simply based on the Apple ID being shared across device. At most, you can see what websites are on other devices through Safari. But getting a notification seems a little different.

Yep, I don't get notifications, but my recent Safari activities on my 6s Plus show on my old iPhone 5, and vice versa. They show at the bottom in Safari. They stand out like the tabs, and were in white text.

https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/see-the-webpages-open-on-your-other-devices-sfri40726/mac

This is what it looks like. Those in white at the bottom are web pages open on another device.
e27cc4c6c623a59c473641904f6be8be.jpg

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
You can either ask your husband if he's set up mobile device management on your phone, or you can factory reset the device and then change your Apple ID password (and not share it with anyone).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh