My First Experience With iPhone 4

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I am new to these forums and to the iPhone but I just wanted to post my review and such about my experience with the iPhone so far.

I switched from my Droid 2 to the iPhone yesterday. My reason for switching was that i found the android operating system to be too inconsistent. My phone would always freeze up and reboot itself automatically. This got to be too much and after some minor research I decided to jump ship to Apple. I managed to find a mint condition iPhone 4 on craigslist for a mere $200! :)

I could tell the quality of the phone from the second I held it in my hands. I love the glass design with aluminum siding, it feels very classy and elegant. Everything about the design is sexy.

I was even more impressed with the smoothness of the operating system. So far i have had no problems! Everything runs fast and smooth, much better than my droid. The battery life is noticeably longer. The screen has an amazing picture quality. The camera is able to snap off pictures in the blink of an eye, much better than my droid which took a while to capture the picture.

I am thrilled to be a part of the iPhone community. I couldn't be happier with my choice. This iPhone is superior to my android in every way except for the lack of customization on the iPhone.

Here is a list of my pro's and con's of the iPhone

pros: retina display, camera quality, battery life, design
cons: feels very easy to crack the glass by dropping

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to share my experience with Apple. Hope you enjoy reading. I'm glad to be part of the community :)

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome. I recently switched from the Droid X. Your pros and cons match up to mine pretty identically. Hope it continues to treat you well.

ubuntudroid

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to TiPb. I love the iP4 as well, I came over from BlackBerry and it's like night and day. No way would I have 60+ apps on a Bold 9650 and the phone be just as quick and snappy as the day I got it. My Bold only lasted 11 days before I brought it back and got my iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the Apple Community. :) In your review you mentioned that your Android was more customizable and I agree with that. Once you become more comfortable using your iPhone 4 you can look into Jailbreaking it. This would allow you to customize it the way you want to.

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to TiPb. I love the iP4 as well, I came over from BlackBerry and it's like night and day. No way would I have 60+ apps on a Bold 9650 and the phone be just as quick and snappy as the day I got it. My Bold only lasted 11 days before I brought it back and got my iPhone.

Before my Droid 2 I had a BB Storm 2 and also a Curve 3G and it's crazy how much better iPhone performs compared to those two. The only thing I liked about my BB was the messaging system but I'll gladly take all of the features I get on my IP over that.

dmilleville90

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
To solve the "lack of customization" factor, consider jailbreaking and you will be surprised at the level of customization that you will have at your fingertips.

Does jailbreaking effect the manufacturers warranty though? That is the coolest thing though! I wonder how that would work on my iPhone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does jailbreaking effect the manufacturers warranty though?

While it does void the warranty. Jailbreak is easily removed by restoring your iPhone in iTunes should you have a problem and need to have it serviced by Apple. I've never read where Apple wouldn't honor an issue with an iPhone that was still under warranty even when the iPhone was still in a JB state.

Reactions: dmilleville90

anon(5298)

May 15, 2011
Visit site
While it does void the warranty. Jailbreak is easily removed by restoring your iPhone in iTunes should you have a problem and need to have it serviced by Apple. I've never read where Apple wouldn't honor an issue with an iPhone that was still under warranty even when the iPhone was still in a JB state.

Correct.. The Jailbreak process is not only reversible but fool-proof as well so if you fail at installing a JB you don't have to worry about bricking your phone bc you can always simply restore and start over.

dwfw

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Jailbreaking does NOT void the warranty. It's legal, Apple doesn't support it, but your warranty is not affected by the act of jailbreaking.

Reactions: dmilleville90

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Jailbreaking does NOT void the warranty. It's legal, Apple doesn't support it, but your warranty is not affected by the act of jailbreaking.

This is incorrect. The legal aspect has zero to do with the warranty. Jailbreaking does void the warranty. However, Apple being the stand up company that they are doesn't refuse to work on or swap out a device that is having an issue even though the related issue may have been caused by the act of Jailbreaking.

Apple?s Official Response To DMCA Jailbreak Exemption: It Voids Your Warranty | Cult of Mac

?Apple?s goal has always been to insure that our customers have a great experience with their iPhone and we know that jailbreaking can severely degrade the experience. As we?ve said before, the vast majority of customers do not jailbreak their iPhones as this can violate the warranty and can cause the iPhone to become unstable and not work reliably.? Apple statement

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
While I used to be a avid jaiulbreaker, I am now on the Pure team. (mostly because its my job to stop people from jailbreaking :)) I would use the phone as is and if you feel something is just not up to par, then jailbreak. There are tons of tweaks in Cydia to make the phone do what you want and how you want to do it. I feel that iOS5 will get rid of most of the jailbreak reasons for most users.

reckrab

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I came over from Blackberry too and would never consider going back. The only thing I liked better on my Storm 2 was the calendar but that was easily remedied by adding the Week Calendar app.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been team pure for a little over a month now, and while there are a few things I miss about being JB, it's nothing to the point of frustration. Plus, with JB, you may have to deal with a glitch here or there. So I'm gonna stay pure :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro