My daughters iPhone is accidentally registered under my iCloud . How can I change this to her own?

I

iMore Question

when my youngest got her new phone and i was setting it up I was sure I set it up as a new device, but it seemed to link to my other daughters phone and was using her iCloud. This has caused many teenage arguments so I tried to fix it and managed to change the iCloud name of the other daughter thus causing more friction. I don't seem to be able to create a new iCloud account on the younger daughter's phone! so now she is on my iCloud and we are having to share photos, videos, calendar alerts. She's probably got access to my card details which is the most worrying.....
HELP ME Obi Whan Kinobe you're my only hope.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
You’ll want to create a new Apple ID. You can do that here:
https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
Then you’ll want to go to Settings, Tap your daughter’s name at the top, then scroll to the bottom and tap Sign Out. Once the account is signed out, sign in with the newly created Apple ID.
If you’re still seeing things for your other daughter on the device it might actually be easier to erase the device and start from scratch. Just create the Apple ID, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase Content and Settings. This will reset the device back to factory direct, as if it were just being taken out of the box. Sign in using the new Apple ID and password.
Hope this helps!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
You’ll want to create a new Apple ID. You can do that here:
https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
Then you’ll want to go to Settings, Tap your daughter’s name at the top, then scroll to the bottom and tap Sign Out. Once the account is signed out, sign in with the newly created Apple ID.
If you’re still seeing things for your other daughter on the device it might actually be easier to erase the device and start from scratch. Just create the Apple ID, then go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase Content and Settings. This will reset the device back to factory direct, as if it were just being taken out of the box. Sign in using the new Apple ID and password.
Hope this helps!

Obi-Wan Kenobi has spoken. :)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore! I'm sure that you will find the help you're looking for. When you get a chance, please take a minute to introduce yourself here!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR